THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Just took a little ride through Target the other day while I was in there for a sd card. Truthfully I jus hate carrying my wheel inside, even though my G2 is mad light and has the pause button. Dope.

In case ya wondered if i made anyone uncomfortable, look at their faces, most were more interest in what the hell I was riding. ;-) and I was still a gentleman and waited for the pregnant lady to go through the door first. :innocent1:

I know some people still think I'm a dick. Oh well, riding in weird places is fun to me as long as nobody gets hurt. :whistling:

Peace fo'real

I'd love to take my Mten3 into stores, but aren't the odds rather high that an employee/manager will tell you "you can't ride that in here"?

I do often ride mine 10-feet into the store before I get off and trolley it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd love to take my Mten3 into stores, but aren't the odds rather high that an employee/manager will tell you "you can't ride that in here"?

I do often ride mine 10-feet into the store before I get off and trolley it.

Ya can see when I get closer to the door I make sure I got my receipt in hand. All they usually do (if ever) is say " please don't ride that thing in here".

Once in a while they yell and say they will call the cops. If ya feeling punk rock. That's where it gets interesting. Most of the time they can't touch you, therefore the "I'll call the cops" statement. In my neighborhood the police dept. has way better things to do than hurry to Target about a policy issue that doesn't hurt anyone. Seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Just took a little ride through Target the other day while I was in there for a sd card. Truthfully I jus hate carrying my wheel inside, even though my G2 is mad light and has the pause button. Dope.

In case ya wondered if i made anyone uncomfortable, look at their faces, most were more interest in what the hell I was riding. ;-) and I was still a gentleman and waited for the pregnant lady to go through the door first. :innocent1:

I know some people still think I'm a dick. Oh well, riding in weird places is fun to me as long as nobody gets hurt. :whistling:

Peace fo'real

Update:

Lol @fryman Im glad ya hated my video that much.  :P

Just thought it can give people a bad impression of EUC’s and their riders. Plus the security cameras recording you. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

King Song KS-18S ride to test out gimbal stabilized video.  WOW!  Finally got the best stabilized video!

Nice video. Very smooth. Nice 'hood too. And the 18S looks great. Very stable. I hope Kingsong doesn't drop that form factor if favor of the new L series.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Nice video. Very smooth. Nice 'hood too. And the 18S looks great. Very stable. I hope Kingsong doesn't drop that form factor if favor of the new L series.

If you watch the video, notice my helmet how it is bouncing around because I’m going over uneven pavement.  But the video is smooth as butter!  I’m still amazed!

47 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

King Song KS-18S ride to test out gimbal stabilized video.  WOW!  Finally got the best stabilized video!

As the AS30 has BOSS (which is optical stabilisation), why are you also using a gimbal?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

As the AS30 has BOSS (which is optical stabilisation), why are you also using a gimbal?

BOSS has its limits.  I was not happy with the BOSS only footage.  Any large movements will not be handled well with BOSS.  Here is a video, a little extreme from @houseofjob with BOSS only.  He shared it on another thread.  Hope he is fine with me showing it as an example.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I agree that BOSS (balanced optical steady shot) is not a replacement for a gimbal... But I quite like that it doesn't make the video "float."

I am just finishing the edit on a video to post, which includes some gravel riding - the BOSS shows a bit of movement there (compared to asphalt riding), but doesn't that help convey the reality / adrenaline level of the ride?

But don't comment back (yet), give me a couple of hours to finish and post, then tell me what you think.

I agree that the floating you get with the gimbal does take a little away from the action rides.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Agreed. In my opinion it’s behavior like this that will give EUCs a bad rep. That we do not need. 

Agreed. I would file this under dickish behavior. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I agree that BOSS (balanced optical steady shot) is not a replacement for a gimbal... But I quite like that it doesn't make the video "float."

I am just finishing the edit on a video to post, which includes some gravel riding - the BOSS shows a bit of movement there (compared to asphalt riding), but doesn't that help convey the reality / adrenaline level of the ride?

But don't comment back (yet), give me a couple of hours to finish and post, then tell me what you think.

If you watch my video, u see me bouncing around, but video is still fine.   Me bouncing around shows action and how uneven and bumpy the road is.  Don’t need the video to bounce around to convey action.  I prefer cinematic to throwing up.  But that is a preference just like the unicycle you are riding.  

• Like 1

+1 for BOSS, some shake and not the perfect gliding of a gimbal (although there is a place for that too IMO).

Ultimately, if you want your viewer to feel like they were there, there's gotta be some shake to make the viewer feel like they were there, experiencing it.

Plus, I hate carrying more stuff, more weight. 

My 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

King Song KS-18S ride to test out gimbal stabilized video.  WOW!  Finally got the best stabilized video!  Keep an eye on the section where my helmet shows I’m going over some rough pavement   The subject, me, is shaking pretty bad, but the video is still smooth.

That helmet is very unique, looks cool. Are you able to hear anything through that?

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

another excellent review and ride... what a lucky guy you are to have all these places to go.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, yourtoys7 said:

That helmet is very unique, looks cool. Are you able to hear anything through that?

Yes, it is a solid helmet but doesn't muffle any sounds.  I was surprised at how much sound comes through with the helmet on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1