THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If you get a Bluetooth speaker like what I'm using, it focuses the sound up to your head and not to the sides like the KingSong speakers or most Bluetooth speakers.

http://amzn.to/2Dw7fbo

Point up, yes, good.  I just don't like a bunch of things hanging off my wheel, it looks untidy, and they can get damaged in a rollover.  I believe Chooch has a similar looking thing swinging between his legs :whistling: in his videos.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, novazeus said:

please @Rehab1 u know better than me, ur body has been pretty good to u over the years, give ur old carcass a chance to mend. it will mend better if u boost ur Endocannabinoid system. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system 

btw i’ve got a two week old calf that was probably stepped on by it’s mama that probably needs ur expertise if ur in my area anytime soon. i need a dog splint for its rear leg. 

+1 for that.  Anything, and I mean ANYTHING unusual on your 30-minute ride and you might have had to kiss that arm goodbye.  I'm not the most sensible person in the world, but even I wouldn't do that.  Don't tempt fate, it has sharp teeth and a short temper.  AND, we really want you back riding, in the future, healthy, with both your nipples covered up.:barf:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks for your concern but it really did help me mentally,  I always loved sharing my riding videos with my wife. Feel guilty I can’t share this one. 

regarding ur injury, ur a grown ass man, u know probably better than all of us the risks ur taking, because it is ur business. i do stupid dangerous stuff daily, but i have to. i know ur skill level is strong, but as fragile as ur mend is now, i’d be taking a vacay in florida now getting away from slipping on black ice. i would have never survived in cold regions. i know it’s terribly hard for u, but please rest. my rehab1 put me in an ankle cast(orthopedic surgeon actually) told me to stay off it, but being alone, having to still run the ranch, hah. i wish i could have rested it. might not hurt every time the weather changes. ur a young buck, but these old injuries, never go away, just come back when ur older. trust me, every year after 60, feels like ten.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

Point up, yes, good.  I just don't like a bunch of things hanging off my wheel, it looks untidy, and they can get damaged in a rollover.  I believe Chooch has a similar looking thing swinging between his legs :whistling: in his videos.

I bought the same one that he uses, after watching his review. It really is very good.

Aren't you beyond wheel rollovers by this time?  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

regarding ur injury, ur a grown ass man, u know probably better than all of us the risks ur taking, because it is ur business. i do stupid dangerous stuff daily, but i have to. i know ur skill level is strong, but as fragile as ur mend is now, i’d be taking a vacay in florida now getting away from slipping on black ice. i would have never survived in cold regions. i know it’s terribly hard for u, but please rest. my rehab1 put me in an ankle cast(orthopedic surgeon actually) told me to stay off it, but being alone, having to still run the ranch, hah. i wish i could have rested it. might not hurt every time the weather changes. ur a young buck, but these old injuries, never go away, just come back when ur older. trust me, every year after 60, feels like ten.

You crack me up @novazeus, when you think everyone is so much younger than you :D I suspect @Rehab1 is much closer to your age than you think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

+1 for that.  Anything, and I mean ANYTHING unusual on your 30-minute ride and you might have had to kiss that arm goodbye.  I'm not the most sensible person in the world, but even I wouldn't do that.  Don't tempt fate, it has sharp teeth and a short temper.  AND, we really want you back riding, in the future, healthy, with both your nipples covered up.:barf:

Nah, @Rehab1 is made of tougher stuff. A man's man :clap3:

I for one revel in his attitude :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

ur a young buck, but these old injuries, never go away, just come back when ur older. trust me, every year after 60, feels like ten.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You crack me up @novazeus, when you think everyone is so much younger than you :D I suspect @Rehab1 is much closer to your age than you think.

I’m a 65 year old health freak with the mentality of a child.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. Great to see you riding again. Isn't the Mten3 the perfect therapeutic wheel, and those smooth backward 360's are so enjoyable on this wheel.

:cheers: 

Yes it is! It feels like a part of my body. As I told @Hunka Hunka Burning Love on another thread I feel safer on my Mten3 than walking or driving.

I almost tripped on an unlevel sidewalk the other day and my dogs chew toys strewn about the floor are always trying to topple  me. On two separate instances idiot drivers have run stop signs. Even my peds patients have entered the game as a child accidentally moved my exam stool yesterday as I began to sit down. There are landmines everywhere.  :cry2:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m a 65 year old health freak with the mentality of a child.

Yes it is! It feels like a part of my body. As I told @Hunka Hunka Burning Love on another thread I feel safer on my Mten3 than walking or driving.

I almost tripped on an unlevel sidewalk the other day and my dogs chew toys strewn about the floor are always trying to topple  me. On two separate instances idiot drivers have run stop signs. Even my peds patients have entered the game as a child accidentally moved my exam stool yesterday as I began to sit down. There are landmines everywhere.  :cry2:

ya, i know. that’s why i would laugh to myself about how before i knew what riding one of these things was like people warning against the great danger they pose. especially 4 years after my cancer/death prognosis and camping out in the middle of 325 acres. u only get one body. i was reading one of ur posts about how u use to not wear protective gear and then u started going faster and wore protective gear. i kinda did the same as u when i was 19.

sounds like the doctors did a good job patching u up.

i was being facetious when i said ur a young buck, most people would know that expression. i though u were about 75 from ur picture. i thought marty was a lot older than me until he corrected me. age is just a number. i’m sure u will be good as new. i think doctors just paint a bleak picture to make us slow down. evidently they did in my case.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@Rehab1, what are we going to do about this @novazeus guy ;)

can’t come to y’all because even though i’m ptsd qualified, Bob is still far from service dog behavior, so y’all should come to tampa and spend a week or two working at “hank’s nude ranch”. that’ll take some years off. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I bought the same one that he uses, after watching his review. It really is very good.

Aren't you beyond wheel rollovers by this time?  :)

Not sure I ever had one, but there's still time.:D  So what is this amazing Bluetooth speaker? where are the facts?:angry:

• Like 1