THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Nah, @Marty Backe wasn't thinking you were. I was saying the OneWheelers often ridicule anything that is not a onewheel and they get mad when you call them anything really? Hoverboard, no. Skateboard, sometimes, that's a little bit more acceptable but you'll get burned on the forums and groups for it. EUC, hell no. I've been laughed at in groups and forums for riding EUC's including "why do you ride a roomba?"

:laughbounce2:  I'll have to remember that one - a great insult to throw at somebody :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

how would the cutoff work? you'll just continue to rolling forward...

The Onewheelers call it a "nosedive": http://community.onewheel.com/topic/7062/the-mechanics-of-the-nosedive

Up here in SF I'd say our EUC community has good relations with both the e-skaters and Onewheelers. A bunch of us ride regularly with Bay Area Esk8 and we run into the Onewheel crew from time to time. We've talked about a "Unity ride," hoping it can come together sometime soon. Disparity in range is one thing that complicates the logistics...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, who_the said:

The Onewheelers call it a "nosedive": http://community.onewheel.com/topic/7062/the-mechanics-of-the-nosedive

Up here in SF I'd say our EUC community has good relations with both the e-skaters and Onewheelers. A bunch of us ride regularly with Bay Area Esk8 and we run into the Onewheel crew from time to time. We've talked about a "Unity ride," hoping it can come together sometime soon. Disparity in range is one thing that complicates the logistics...

Yeah. I've got a video of a ride with two one wheelers, @Michael Lutge, and myself. They had to charge up and I was messing around on my KS18 while they were waiting. The XR will make things easier. However, one of those onewheelers who can sort of ride an EUC insulted me a few weeks later by saying EUC's can't carve or shred... I haven't talked or attempted to ride with him since.

Edited by outcast00096

1 hour ago, who_the said:

For the record, I"ve nosedived on my Onewheel. I had 2% left and was literally 200 feet away from my house. I figured I could make it then it shut off at 12 mph. I ran out most of it. Rolled about a foot and got up and started laughing. I won't do that again. I'm also more attuned to my wheels now that I can ride EUC's. Early in my riding career, as the OneWheel was my first electric board, I failed to start properly and fell backward in middle of the crosswalk on my head. Luckily I was wearing a helmet because I thudded very hard. I would have seriously hurt myself. I picked the board up and did the infamous walk of shame across the cross walk.

Edited by outcast00096
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

For the record, I"ve nosedived on my Onewheel. I had 2% left and was literally 200 feet away from my house. I figured I could make it then it shut off at 12 mph. I ran out most of it. Rolled about a foot and got up and started laughing. I won't do that again. I'm also more attuned to my wheels now that I can ride EUC's. Early in my riding career, as the OneWheel was my first electric board, I failed to start properly and fell backward in middle of the crosswalk on my head. Luckily I was wearing a helmet because I thudded very hard. I would have seriously hurt myself. I picked the board up and did the infamous walk of shame across the cross walk.

Have you got other electric skateboards? How do you feel about them? I'm kinda curiously interested now.

5 hours ago, Kael said:

Have you got other electric skateboards? How do you feel about them? I'm kinda curiously interested now.

Yeah. I’ve got a blink lite and a Lou board at home. I’ve also got a longboard too. They turn like boats which I hate. Braking isn’t well done on most boards except those that use belts instead of hub motors. Using the controller in hand is touchy at times depending on what you’re riding. You can easily throw yourself off on the Lou or the blink. I hear the boosted has better brakes but I don’t have one or own one. Interestingly enough, I was getting a boosted board originally. It was reserved and ready to ship when I decided to go with the OneWheel. OneWheel turns amazingly well. I’ve decided not to go with hand controllers anymore. I like the foot pad controls better. Spectra might be the one but it doesn’t off road.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I took a peek at the OneWheel website and saw the XR (Extended Range) version having a range of 12-18 miles. That would barely work for me as I most commonly ride 1-6 miles one way. However, the price is at $1700-$1800, and so even if you prefer the skateboard form factor, the EUC are much better values as you could, for example, get a Tesla or 18s for the same price and have at least triple the range.

I have seen at least six OneWheels in person, and perhaps 40 Boosted Boards, but never an EUC.

Last weekend my girlfriend and I (she rides an EUC too) were downtown when we ran into a group of boosted boarders of perhaps six, and two of them confidently tried out the EUC (I have my V5F super-padded up where even the footpads are padded). More interestingly, one guy went some decent distance on his first and only attempt but then announced this was impossibly hard and gave up.

Yeah I mentioned that on the forums that’s when my bud who had a onewheel insulted me by saying eucs can’t carve. Obviously hasn’t seen Fred bonuses video on Facebook.

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Yeah, but it didn't have the Stars and Bars it was more like a digital VU meter.  What is that thing?  Did you make it yourself?

Nah. I bought it. I'll pm you link if you're interested. I usually wear them at night, because the time I usually have for riding is night. Weekends I ride 2-5 in the morning. I wear them with the bluetooth speaker attached to the mask below so that the face mask is constantly lit up. I originally tried using the onboard speakers provided by Kingsong but I had to blast it too loud for them to work. I bought the bluetooth speaker at Bed Bath and Beyond (I think it was 15 to 20 bucks?) Pedestrians can hear me coming and cars can see me coming from the front. I'm usually also wearing a backpack with reflective tape on the back. 

5a6a19228497f_IMG_0420(1).thumb.JPG.dfb92e4fe745afe927e5b318d577b4ce.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Still discovering new places to ride in San Diego all the time

Bayfront Park (Chula Vista) to Coronado along Bayshore Bikeway...
(May require a re-charge for the return trip.) <_<

17-AT%20Bay%20and%20Marina%20Pkwy.jpg

Nothing but bike path after the Salt Works (which might be a better starting point). B)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

The ACM 1600 feels awesome with the pedal mods. The downside....tough to shift your feet when going fast. 

Great video!  The soloshot long shots add a new level to drive by long shots, tracks amazingly well.  Good riding song also.  That looks like a nice place to ride.  

The matte black ACM is the best looking Gotway, that's just my opinion.

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The ACM 1600 feels awesome with the pedal mods. The downside....tough to shift your feet when going fast. Yah I know.... I forgot my wrist guards. No way was I going home.

Would one of the moderators please take down this video! We can't have someone displaying such a cavalier attitude towards safety - not wearing wrist guards. The nerve. ;)

Nice video. I don't think I've ever seen a riding video from you like this :thumbup:

Man, your ACM sure looks nice compared to mine. I'm glad that it's getting to stretch its legs :)

• Like 1