THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a bummer this time of year. I'll have to start wearing a long sleeve shirt soon :cry2:

I was going to say it that sucks you can go out at night in a t-shirt in late October. It won't be warmer than 13C here today. Gloves, warm trousers - with merino wool longjohns if you're out for a while - scarf and a fleeced hoody are a requirement to fend off the wind.

So uhh, how's California like to live?:D

Edited by Kael
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kael said:

Very nice. I lived near Sausalito for two years (Mill Valley area). I could ride a Harley all year round. Sometimes went up on Mount Tam during lunch break (worked in Sausalito). It would be an interesting ride on an EUC as well. Great view from up there, on the "Ridgecrest Blvd". Back in Europe for many years now, we currently have like 6 Celsius during the day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kael said:

I was going to say it that sucks you can go out at night in a t-shirt in late October. It won't be warmer than 13C here today. Gloves, warm trousers - with merino wool longjohns if you're out for a while - scarf and a fleeced hoody are a requirement to fend off the wind.

13°C? Longjohns?

I think the Canadians and Russians on the board can sympathise with my feelings about that sentence... ;) 

59f86ebe080f8_canadiantemperature.thumb.jpg.7f9b0c35677d7ba5302e845ff89d3992.jpg

The temp here today started out at 2°C this morning, and is now at a balmy 10°C. The northern wind from yesterday have turned western, so it actually feels like you can go 20mph without frost-bite. I think I'll save my longjohns for another couple of months, otherwise I won't have anything more to put on when it actually gets cold... For now, my jeans are perfectly sufficient. ;) 

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow :blink1:

Wow, indeed!

Pacifica seems to be a quite nice looking place (though a standard nothing-should.happen-here cookie cutter suburb - but certainly in a nice location). Also seen here, in this old not my video.

(Not sure if it's actually the same "Pacifica".)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Did your wife put something in the coffee this morning ;)

I got the "Stranger Things" vibe there in the forest :D 

But the ride looks lovely @n2eus, I am so damn ENVIOUS of you Californians with your strange seasons (balmy late spring, almost summer, summer, hot summer, summer, late summer, balmy early autumn, balmy late spring...)

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

I got the "Stranger Things" vibe there in the forest :D 

But the ride looks lovely @n2eus, I am so damn ENVIOUS of you Californians with your strange seasons (balmy late spring, almost summer, summer, hot summer, summer, late summer, balmy early autumn, balmy late spring...)

OTOH, it may be a bit more acceptable to sit in my office in front of my screens full of bloody code if the weather outside is shit anyways. :roflmao:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Halloween ride.  Nothing better to sharpen your skill level than being visually impaired by a strobe light and Power Ranger mask. :) 

Wow, that's some costume. I bet it looked fantastic in person - hopefully you got some good reactions from it.

Glad you got one solid film take :D Love the Gotway wheel dance - I had a couple of those today :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's some costume. I bet it looked fantastic in person - hopefully you got some good reactions from it.

Glad you got one solid film take :D Love the Gotway wheel dance - I had a couple of those today :(

Thanks. Amazing what you can buy on Ebay.

I should have modified the mask. Just no time. I simply could not see through the 2 tiny slits and when I moved my head the mask shifted enough I was in the dark. Add the strobe light effect and it made matters worse. Oh well! At least my wife is still alive. I decided not to use the mosquito fogger this time.;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Halloween ride.  Nothing better to sharpen your skill level than being visually impaired by a strobe light and Power Ranger mask. :) 

Very impressive costume :thumbup: Love the credit at the end!

Your costume reminds me of these Citroën commercials from almost 15 years ago (they were cutting edge video back then):

and this:

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, litewave said:

Your costume reminds me of these Citroën commercials from almost 15 years ago (they were cutting edge video back then):

and this:

Great commercials!  Always liked Citroëns.  Only saw one in my area way back in 1970.  Wish they were for sale in the US.  They have a good reputation for having the best suspension in the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Many thanks! Digital video technology was amazing back then but rendering with the slower computers must have taken some time. Speaking of cutting edge technology the animation king Pixar has an exhibition/ learning workshop  going at Henry Ford Museun in Detroit for the next 4 months. I need to take my grandson up there and check it out.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice early November day (I had to put away my shorts :crying:) for a ride around the park on my Gotway Mten3

What's the thing on your neck?

13 hours ago, litewave said:

Awesome video of an inline skater from Bulgaria – 68kph downhill!

The Helmet is a TSG Pass which weighs less than 1kg, is downhill-rated, and has a visor which will be great for the winter. :D

Nice helmet! But then I saw the price... Wow.

Edited by Kael
  • Like 2