THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Scared the shit out of me when I took my 1977 Nova there, but soon realized that that is the only way to get around, be fearless, no one will crash in to a crappy car.

Weird coincidence!  I had a 1977 two door coupe Olds Omega as my first new to me car!  It looked very similar to the Chev Nova.  They were probably based on the same chassis.  And Google agrees!  The X-chassis. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Omega

I loved that car.  The V8 was a gas guzzler, but gas was much cheaper then.  It was all rear wheel drive and no ABS for me!  I had to patch up several rust spots on the rear fenders with filler and some spray paint, but it was a beaut.  :wub:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Although the Mten3 is decent for speed it couldn't hold a candle to the Monster and MSuper's in this ride. As @n2eus stated in the video description, I was riding my ACM (the white-wall version). Then again, maybe you were just pulling my leg :confused1:

Oh :blink: I didn't even see a video description.  I guess I'm so used to seeing you on the Mten I just thought geez he's riding it off-road and killing it.  My bad.  The eyes aren't what they used to be... :crying:  You guys do realize that I don't read any of the text when a video is posted.  I just gaze at the moving pictures!  :sleep1:  I think the vivid "Survivor" style dreamy colour setting on the video was what distracted me... :dribble: 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, n2eus said:

First  group ride at Tijeras Creek.  Marty @Marty Backe is riding an ACM, Jeff @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" is riding a Monster, Yasin @Alsayyad is riding an Msuper3s+, and I am riding an Msuper3s+. 

I need to get a better camera - I really like the quality of the flowing imagery from yours :thumbup:

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video.

Some very nice this-is-how-you-fry-your-Gotway-motor-cables mountain riding by the usual California suspects. Video by @YoshiSkySun. Wondering why @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"'s msuper V2 fell down the hill. Looked like a backwards overlean? And why is @Marty Backe riding a 16S (not the 14S, which he has)? And why isn't Yoshi posting this himself? Questions over questions...

That was great Yoshi. I had forgotten that you filmed that ride. Fantastic that you captured @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" losing the wheel over the 'cliff'. It took Jeff a long time to climb down that hill side to retrieve the wheel, which was compressed to about 30 seconds in this video. Oh, and cool shout-out to @Hunka Hunka Burning Love :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

The wheel lost traction while I was breaking and was sliding which is why I jumped off and lost it over the side of the cliff.I was glad to find it in all that brush and am glad @YoshiSkySun got it on video.Not my first wheel of choice for extreme hill climbing but did o.k. all considering; and for $100 for an 850wh Msuper V2,I'm not complaining!:D

Thanks! I was "afraid" it would be a cut-out that could mean something bad for our current wheels.

100$ is indeed an enviable price:efef3d5527:

48 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

The wheel lost traction while I was breaking and was sliding which is why I jumped off and lost it over the side of the cliff.

Welp, there goes my plan to experiment with MTB clips on the pedals of my wheel!  :shock2:    

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video.

Some very nice this-is-how-you-fry-your-Gotway-motor-cables mountain riding by the usual California suspects. Video by @YoshiSkySun. Wondering why @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"'s msuper V2 fell down the hill. Looked like a backwards overlean? And why is @Marty Backe riding a 16S (not the 14S, which he has)? And why isn't Yoshi posting this himself? Questions over questions...

At about 2:24 isn't that the really long, steep hill that @Sven's Monster started beeping from overheat just seconds before @Marty Backe's ACM melted the wires and shorted the wheel?  That's some really steep hills, but what a view from the top!

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Weird coincidence!  I had a 1977 two door coupe Olds Omega as my first new to me car!  It looked very similar to the Chev Nova.  They were probably based on the same chassis.  And Google agrees!  The X-chassis. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Omega

I loved that car.  The V8 was a gas guzzler, but gas was much cheaper then.  It was all rear wheel drive and no ABS for me!  I had to patch up several rust spots on the rear fenders with filler and some spray paint, but it was a beaut.  :wub:

Mine rusted out at  the tailights.  It looked like this one, same brown color too, but it was the straight six.  Good dependable car.

220px-1977oldsomega.jpg

• Like 1

I think that's a photo of the Omega that you posted from the Wiki.  ;)  Mine looked like this one:

2d20949a3751c309892b6cb43a48fa2b---cars. 

It had a 4.3L V8, and it was plenty peppy in the day.  Fun car to cruise around with buddies.  :wub:  I bought it for $800, and some years later sold it for $400.

It kind of reminded me of the Starsky and Hutch Torino...

71UaKajsvVL._SL1000_.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, steve454 said:

At about 2:24 isn't that the really long, steep hill that @Sven's Monster started beeping from overheat just seconds before @Marty Backe's ACM melted the wires and shorted the wheel?  That's some really steep hills, but what a view from the top!

No. That was a trail in Chino Hills Park, and the hill was steeper and longer than this one.  We have lots of good hills around here for stress testing wheels :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think that's a photo of the Omega that you posted from the Wiki.  ;)  Mine looked like this one:

Yes, I think it was the fourth photo from your link.  If that light blue one was your car it was super clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n2eus said:

Fun group ride at RSM Lake.  Marty @Marty Backe is riding an ACM, Jeff @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" is riding a Monster, Yasin @Alsayyad is riding an Msuper3s+, and I am riding an Msuper3s+.

The videos keep coming :D  I'm glad we got to see a little of you in this one ;)

Very funny when @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" plowed through those two women - fortunately they took it OK :)

• Like 3