THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't blame you @Bob Eisenman, happy about your increasing (and improving) videomaking! This just came to mind:efee47c9c8:

I was noticing your 'signature ' with battery size and acm. I read elsewhere that the number of km expected on average from a battery pack can be obtained by dividing the Wh rating of the battery by 16 (1600 Wh = 100 km) and Miles would be the conversion from Km.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

9 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I was noticing your 'signature ' with battery size and acm. I read elsewhere that the number of km expected on average from a battery pack can be obtained by dividing the Wh rating of the battery by 16 (1600 Wh = 100 km) and Miles would be the conversion from Km.

15 Wh/km is very roughly a good starter estimate for how far a battery can take the "average" rider (80kg, 25 km/h) on the current wheels. But of course temperature, rider weight, speed and riding style matter. Can be anything between 10 and 20 Wh/km.

Though the last 20% of the battery can't really be counted, so it would be 80% * 1300Wh/15Wh per km = 69km range (which is very close to my experience, 70km at 25km/h + then a few km after the 20% beeps start).

Edited by meepmeepmayer

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

15 Wh/km is very roughly a good starter estimate for how far a battery can take the "average" rider (80kg, 25 km/h) on the current wheels. But of course temperature, rider weight, speed and riding style matter. Can be anything between 10 and 20 Wh/km.

Though the last 20% of the battery can't really be counted, so it would be 80% * 1300Wh/15Wh per km = 69km range (which is very close to my experience, 70km + then a few after the 20% beeps start).

yeah...

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The video is recorded in vertical, so the center is the video. The side stuff is just added as it looks better than black space.

That, was fantastic and hilarious :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 6:17 PM, novazeus said:

this real?

And we thought an EUC had safety concerns.  One small bump on this thing and you would be on your rear.  As we all know from riding some of the smallest falls can create the biggest injuries...................................

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The video is recorded in vertical, so the center is the video. The side stuff is just added as it looks better than black space.

Thats fantastic found, steve!

Soooo good!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Shadow cam....

A late afternoon ride along Revere Beach.

With great regret I had to down vote this video after watching the vertical video "don't do it". This is only the second time I've down voted, and yet I feel sad I can't down vote this post ten times simply from the VV.

VV is a true evil that has infected the soul of civilization. I'm afraid I'm going to have to hate anyone making a VV. Nothing personal.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

22 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Shadow cam....

A late afternoon ride along Revere Beach.

With great regret I had to down vote this video after watching the vertical video "don't do it".

well screw you too ! You're out of chronological sync you prick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Oh well..if I were a midget I would have gone for landscape....shadows wise.

I kind of suspected you might have done that on purpose, to accentuate the long shadow that fit perfectly in portrait mode.  I noticed how the sidewalk lined up so well with the direction the sun was shining.

Edited by steve454
misspelled sun
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

A little backwards ride around my neighborhood, on my favorite wheel, the Gotway Mten3.

Do I still need to keep saying that this is my favorite wheel :confused1:

:D

If you were to wear your helmet with the rear view mirror, could you ride in reverse by just looking at the mirror?  B)  I don't know how you do it!  I'd be afraid of falling on my tailbone or hurting my back falling off the wheel.  You've created a whole new meaning of riding "Backewards."  :thumbup:

Maybe get a set of those mini-cones and try Backewards slaloming!  :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If you were to wear your helmet with the rear view mirror, could you ride in reverse by just looking at the mirror?  B)  I don't know how you do it!  I'd be afraid of falling on my tailbone or hurting my back falling off the wheel.  You've created a whole new meaning of riding "Backewards."  :thumbup:

Maybe get a set of those mini-cones and try Backewards slaloming!  :w00t2:

When I ride my other wheels with all the gear on, riding backwards with the helmet mirror is very helpful. But in this case I'm not really riding very fast - it's a much more mellow experience so I'm not too concerned.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

A little backwards ride around my neighborhood, on my favorite wheel, the Gotway Mten3.

Do I still need to keep saying that this is my favorite wheel :confused1:

:D

Great job riding backwards! Much more fun than forward! Glad your ok! We both lucked out today on our practice sessions.  I'm sure are thoughts were similar: "Protect the head"!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Great job riding backwards! Much more fun than forward! Glad your ok! We both lucked out today on our practice sessions.  I'm sure are thoughts were similar: "Protect the head"!  

Thanks. Yep, there's something fun about riding backwards - I really like doing 180's.

You need to film your practice sessions because I only have one video of you crashing and I need additional footage for future spear throwing :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Marty Backe You have some serious riding skills (and videomaking too, as already said in the other thread)! I was impressed by the mten3 overpass video and how tiny its turn circles are, but you did that even backwards. And now this video.

You really want to make me buy an mten3, just looks so fun to weightlessly fly-dance through the world like this with a tiny, light wheel that never limits your maneuverability. Must protect wallet... must resist...:pooping: 

Gotway should pay you (I've heard from others they bought a GW wheel due to your videos).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
There's always some tiny error you see right after posting...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Citi Wheel said:

Electric Skateboard rider sees the light!

You guys think that's a 100V Monster (black) or did someone just sell black regular Monsters in California?

Also that guy has fantastic images overall in this video. Will check out the Youtube channel. Thanks for posting this.