THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Dude, chill out! Quit acting like a butthurt Hillary supporter and get over it.Go grab a brew and turn on the tube and watch some pro athletes disrespect the flag or something.California already has more than enough nanny-state control freaks worried about what others do.We don't need you adding to their numbers.I highly doubt one man riding an EUC circling some "things" in an area labled "walk your bikes" is going to get all EUC riding banned at California beaches.If @Marty Backe chooses to ride in a "walk your bike" area; that's his business.And if he gets cited for it, that's his business too.

:laughbounce2:

BTW, I've ridden in that area before many times, and a couple of times have ridden past police. Nothing. I think I just blend in with all the other oddities of Venice beach :dribble:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Your blatant disregard to use common sense when riding very well may get the use of EUCs banned at the beach some day. 

Why do you insist on riding where it specifically states “walk your bike” ?  (You even circled around by 2 places on the walk that stated “walk your bike”.)

I’m sure your response will be something like you said before; “if it doesn’t say no riding EUCs, then I’m going to ride there”.  It doesn’t say there you can’t drive your truck on the ‘walk’  there, so does that mean that it’s okay to drive your truck there ?

Use common sense when riding. Don’t ride EUCs where it says not to ride bikes. 

I like to put two down votes here:D The sign says do not drive over 20km/hr on bike trails I ride him at 21km/hr haha!

• Like 2

If you are to quote me please quote the whole sentence to maintain perspective as intended rather than cherry picking what works for you:

While @abinder3 comment to @Marty Backe was indeed rude and unacceptable in any situation, but especially a public forum, I fail to see how you can in any way lecture him when your own comment insults over 50% of the voting public and the 84% of people who support NFL players right to protest.

1 hour ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Actually I'm in a very unique position to lecture him.When I first met him,it was on a group ride at Griffith Park with myself and @Marty Backeand some other locals.He had just bought a KS 18 and was having difficulties mounting the wheel from a dead stop so I followed behind him to help him along on the group ride in the off-roading hilly areas of the park,many of the trails are no bike or motorized vehicle areas,for which he had no problem.Irony! I also know from his facebook feed that he tends to be politically conservative,so my comments were meant to get his attention as to the irony of his comments towards Marty being inconsistant with his facebook worldview and prior actions of riding EUCs in the same areas for which he dissed Marty and were aimed solely at him.

Well then use your past experience as the weight against his argument rather than stooping to the same level of name hurling in a manner that insults others and is involves a completely unrelated and touchy topic. Remember this is a public forum read by all members. Using personal knowledge gathered through Facebook against someone in a public post will result in others not interpreting your response correctly. Your original response should have been in a PM.

12 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A couple of videos taken from a new company's parking lot which overlooks the runway.

You found a good vantage point there.  

The P51 is one of the best looking fighter planes of WW2, to me at least.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

You found a good vantage point

HighRes Biosolutions (new building and lot) . They make modular robotics implementations, whatever that is.

47409.jpg

I like the P51 look as well. Another person there who knows the pilots who were flying said the P51 was the best until the Messerschmitt (BF-109 ?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

The P51 is one of the best looking fighter planes of WW2, 

My Dad was in the Pacific, somewhat unaware of the specifics of the defeat of Germany as far as fighter aircraft go. The single tail PB4Y? aircraft below apparently landed on Okinawa where my Dad (under the #5 of X503) had his picture taken (probably during fall in 1945). In nearby Naha he collected a picture of  a Shinto Shrine  now visible with Google StreetView . I'm fairly sure it's at the Naminouegu Shinto Shrine.

47412.jpg

47413.jpg

47414.jpg

47415.png

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Correction
  • Like 2

The guy who rode my Ninebot really well at the Beverly airport warbirds display wanted to know if it had a speed limiter.....

I responded that it does have a speed limiter but I don't use it. ?? And that it could be set to about as low as 2.5 mph, 5 mph and faster.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

I am really speechless how stupid some people are....

Gosh that wipeout must have really hurt.

The Russian guys with the girl in the other video have the right idea, at least at their age.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Stupid or not, I really think this is a quality and impactful piece of educational material. To those who're new to EUCing, and others who still don't get the importance of RTB (Respect The BEEP), this video clearly shows the real-life consequences of being unaware of or choosing to ignore RTB. To Lock Productions ... GOOD JOB! :wub:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jean (nhut) said:

Good viewing. ;)

What have you done to me ?

Until now I was just unicycling and never had an accident.  After seeing this I thought I also should do some of these exercises for warming up and cooling down.

After the warm ups I had difficulties to enter the wheel, and during the cool down exercises I found myself somehow locked to the floor, and my wife had to come and rescue me. At the last exercise my left leg broke away, and I had to jump on one foot to the doctor to stitch it on again!

• Like 2

On 1-10-2017 at 7:24 PM, Marty Backe said:

I actually have no antipathy towards Allen. Sometimes I get a little frustrated when he goes out of his way to bring me down, so I feel I need to respond. He feels strongly about this and has animosity towards me. But I can't control how other people react to me so I just shrug my shoulders and go on with my day :)

I will say that I won't be a passive punching bag to his comments. He's the one that has gone out of his way to post disparaging comments about me where I've said zip about him, so I will respond sometimes.

We got your Backe!

Don’t touch our @Marty Backe!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asylsteirer said:

What have you done to me ?

Until now I was just unicycling and never had an accident.  After seeing this I thought I also should do some of these exercises for warming up and cooling down.

After the warm ups I had difficulties to enter the wheel, and during the cool down exercises I found myself somehow locked to the floor, and my wife had to come and rescue me. At the last exercise my left leg broke away, and I had to jump on one foot to the doctor to stitch it on again!

Next time, you MUST wear those pink sneakers!

• Like 2