THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Let me guess  - you were riding the V8?  :whistling:  Nice ride BTW.  :thumbup:

Actually it was the V5F+..

Riding with a group of fun people like @Michael Vu  and Monica is far superior than riding alone. At one point in the video (around 10:00 in ) we got yelled at over a loudspeaker to leave! Something fishy is going on inside that high tech building!

I can see why @Marty Backe enjoys the long scenic rides with his buddies so much!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, litewave said:

Was it helpful to spray and soak the pedals before using the heatgun? The adhesive isn't water-soluble on Gotway grip tape, is it? 

If you cut out the screw holes first and then remove the foot plates, do the rubber skid strips separate from the plate as they do on the NineBot? That way you can work with just the grip tape and surface without any concern of damaging the rubber. Seems much easier to me.

When applying the new tape, I found it much simpler and less time consuming to just apply the tape and carve out the holes with a mat knife. If concerned about water getting into the pedals, you can also use silicone on the screws as well as the perimeter.

Also, a skateboard tape eraser works well. You can also use the old-fashioned gummy erasers if you can find them.

Eraser.jpg

Awesome mine just started peeling last Saturday and now the front piece came off.  Already had the grip tape at the house.  Thanks for sharing, I'll be trying this soon.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hansolo said:

French meet up to Royan

Looks like you missed an opportunity for the worlds first nude group EUC ride record! (or at least on video, for all we know) ;)

The scene at 7:49 is fantastic, great depth!

Also, that one guy (sleeping on the break) looked like he was quite cold.

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video. Some Inmotion ad video (looks like it) from Turkey.

Lots of safe riding practices demonstrated here :cry2:

At least in the United States, it's frowned upon to ride anything inside buildings. I wouldn't mind riding through Malls but I think I'd be kicked out quickly.

But nice video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Citi Wheel said:

That feels pretty fast for a 10 inch wheel huh :)

I'm surprised you couldn't go faster. You have the first two alarms off?

On 9/19/2017 at 12:59 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thought the group would be interested in this. Just got the new Insta360 One, a 360 camera that, among other things, has a “Freestyle Capture” mode. This allows you to record in 360 degrees, but change what stays in-frame, then export the resulting video in 1080p. 

Also, it has “Bullet Time” mode that allows you to swing the camera on a string or selfie stick, then export the video as a slow motion stabilized video. 

I've got some other 360fly clips I could share but when @steve454 writes that he gets sick watching artificially curved objects and @eddiemoy says that video recorded on the smoothest of sidewalks needs 'image stabilization' I hesitate a bit.?

Nice videos from the Insta360!

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I've got some other 360fly clips I could share but when @steve454 writes that he gets sick watching artificially curved objects and @eddiemoy says that video recorded on the smoothest of sidewalks needs 'image stabilization'

At least my choice of mobile device seems to have found an unexpected source of approval ?.

Bill Gates just switched to an Android phone

"While Gates didn't say which phone he uses, he said it has "a lot of Microsoft software."

"So, no iPhone?" Wallace asked.

"No iPhone," Gates said."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/26/technology/bill-gates-android-phone/index.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

when @steve454 writes that he gets sick watching artificially curved objects and @eddiemoy says that video recorded on the smoothest of sidewalks needs 'image stabilization' I hesitate a bit.?

Not sick, just freaks me out a little.:blink1:  I just don't watch the whole thing sometimes.  Your videos are getting better all the time.  Now you're editing, adding music, and finding better scenery.  Next thing you'll probably get is one of those hand held gimbals.:)

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That feels pretty fast for a 10 inch wheel huh :)

I'm surprised you couldn't go faster. You have the first two alarms off?

Yeah first 2 alarms off. It was my first time on the wheel so I didn’t want to push it too much. 

Yeah it’s a hellaya wheel for its size. 

A merged 360 video of four rides on my Ninebot One E+:
1_00:00 to 07:54 a ride to Beverly airport
2_08:10 to 09:38 a stationary camera placement while riding around
3_09:45 to 12:09 a ride by a nice pond in Danvers
4_12:13 to end   a ride through downtown scenic Salem, MA
camera: 360fly

Just another 360 fly video of mine (15 minutes) with no pleasing audio or visual effects (only the link is shown to deflect attention)
You might need to change the browser to something like Firefox....Chrome on my Android does not do 360 but the link pasted into YouTube should work.
Edited by Bob Eisenman
addition of content
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:
A merged 360 video of four rides on my Ninebot One E+:
1_00:00 to 07:54 a ride to Beverly airport
2_08:10 to 09:38 a stationary camera placement while riding around
3_09:45 to 12:09 a ride by a nice pond in Danvers
4_12:13 to end   a ride through downtown scenic Salem, MA
camera: 360fly

Just another 360 fly video of mine (15 minutes) with no pleasing audio or visual effects (only the link is shown to deflect attention)

I just noticed a neat feature of the 360 camera.  Even though the video is made pointing backwards, by using the arrows in the top left I can turn the view around facing forwards, and when you ride by pretty women or other interesting scenery, I can turn the view towards them as you ride by.  I had done it on the still pictures, but never thought to try it on the moving video.  I can see why the processing time is longer, since the field of view is so many times greater than a standard camera.  

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I just noticed a neat feature of the 360 camera.  Even though the video is made pointing backwards, by using the arrows in the top left I can turn the view around facing forwards, and when you ride by pretty women or other interesting scenery, I can turn the view towards them as you ride by.  I had done it on the still pictures, but never thought to try it on the moving video.  I can see why the processing time is longer, since the field of view is so many times greater than a standard camera.  

Try sticking it in VR. 360 degree video is pretty cool.

7 hours ago, kour said:

Try sticking it in VR. 360 degree video is pretty cool.

Excellent....When I went Google cardboard shopping awhile ago I read on the internet that my 'Moto G (earliest Moto G) doesn't have the electronics for VR. However Moto X (second generation) works. Buying the Moto X  requires that the current wireless providers plan (unlimited 3G until throttling at 5GB) be discarded for a new Clear Wireless plan where you pay by the Gig or pay twice per month what my current plan costs.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Correction