THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

9 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

"EUC marathoners?"

See, you're focusing on only one of the parameters. The phrase must capture duration, speed, and power.

19 hours ago, SuperSport said:

That was my first wheel. I still wish I hadn't sold it. 

The TG T3 was also my first wheel. I had two T3s, a blue one and a black one. I really wanted a yellow one like freetheoranges has, but at that time I could not find a seller with yellow in stock. I never had any problems except BOTH were delivered (widely separated in time and from different sellers) with dead, unchargeable batteries! After replacing the batteries, I had lots of fun with my T3s. When I moved on to other wheels, I gave my T3s to two university students.

• Upvote 3

On 5/7/2017 at 0:37 AM, Ombre said:

This was Emma's first day riding her Inmotion V5F+ (graduated from Airwheel) but you wouldn't know it.  B) [proud dad]

She looks great, riding very gracefully. I hope we will see steadily rising numbers of: 1) younger riders 2) girl riders 3) family riders!

Edited by MaxLinux

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Since I wear a helmet with Gotway emblazoned across it, I'll continue to stand by their products even though there is certainly room for improvement. I've ridden a couple thousand miles on Gotway wheels over the last 8 months. Many of those miles have been in harsh conditions. Still no failures. Anecdotal for sure, but that's my data point. 

You and I are definitely on opposite sides of the data points. If mine was the only Gotway to blow the board over next to nothing, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. However, there are a growing number, and even Ian has blown 2 now.. I totally respect your choice to ride them, but I will take a pass. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

A tiny branch did that?  So a low speed, high current demand ended frying a MOSFET?

Hmm, I go slowly over little branches all the time, probably 50 times per week, and my IPS wheel rolls right over them, LIKE IT SHOULD. Who ever heard of such a "nothing" as shown in this video BURNING A MOSFET?? ANOTHER HUGE GOTWAY DISAPPOINTMENT!!

6 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

You and I are definitely on opposite sides of the data points. If mine was the only Gotway to blow the board over next to nothing, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. However, there are a growing number, and even Ian has blown 2 now.. I totally respect your choice to ride them, but I will take a pass. 

I hear you and obviously respect your decisions on what wheel(s) to ride. There's something for everyone in this world, and that's why it's great to have choices to pick from.

I don't think data exists to support the assertion that the failure rate is growing (or shrinking). It's all anecdotal.

The best indicator is probably the dealers. If a particular brand was becoming unreliable I have to believe that the dealers would stop selling them. And with regards to Gotway, they seem to be on the ascendancy in terms of the number of dealers selling them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

The way Ian has been riding his Gotway over 600+ miles before it broke I would say is pretty impressive, Ian stated he had pushed it too hard so no surprise there. I am sure if you took the major EUC brands on this harsh and long ride carrying as much weight as they did most would not even make it past the 600 mile mark.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

The way Ian has been riding his Gotway over 600+ miles before it broke I would say is pretty impressive, Ian stated he had pushed it too hard so no surprise there. I am sure if you took the major EUC brands on this harsh and long ride carrying as much weight as they did most would not even make it past the 600 mile mark.

I doubt Ian was over the prescribed weight limit.  Ian is less than 200 pounds if I recall correctly, and isn't the monster supposed to take like 350?  

If he was over the prescribed weight liimit I wouldn't fault the machine if it gave out almost immediately.  But if not, then 600 miles sounds absolutely terrible to me.

2 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I doubt Ian was over the prescribed weight limit.  Ian is less than 200 pounds if I recall correctly, and isn't the monster supposed to take like 350?  

If he was over the prescribed weight liimit I wouldn't fault the machine if it gave out almost immediately.  But if not, then 600 miles sounds absolutely terrible to me.

Ian has told me directly and posted elsewhere that he weighs ~200 pounds (I know, doesn't look like it). Have you seen the size of the backpack that they've been carrying, plus helmet, coats, cloths, etc.???

From his video last night, one of the hall sensors broke in his motor. I'm hoping he has more to say about it when he gets back from the ride.

He's been riding that same Monster for a long time. Have you seen how Ian treats his wheel. He jumps off huge curbs, climbs steep hills, etc. That wheel had a hell-of-a-lot more that 600 miles on it, and they weren't gentle miles.

• Upvote 1

Brand wars can go on for a long time.  Maybe somebody start a new thread for that, eh?   Request, is all I can do. 

[edit] I mean where's Tishawn when you need him? [/edit]

Edited by dpong
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dpong said:

Brand wars can go on for a long time.  Maybe somebody start a new thread for that, eh?   Request, is all I can do. 

[edit] I mean where's Tishawn when you need him? [/edit]

I'm sitting in for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love on this thread, trying my best to keep it derailed ;)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Ian has told me directly and posted elsewhere that he weighs ~200 pounds (I know, doesn't look like it). Have you seen the size of the backpack that they've been carrying, plus helmet, coats, cloths, etc.???

From his video last night, one of the hall sensors broke in his motor. I'm hoping he has more to say about it when he gets back from the ride.

He's been riding that same Monster for a long time. Have you seen how Ian treats his wheel. He jumps off huge curbs, climbs steep hills, etc. That wheel had a hell-of-a-lot more that 600 miles on it, and they weren't gentle miles.

If he was over the prescribed weight limit, I couldn't fault the machine.  i could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that not just a rider as experienced as Ian but a dealer with lots of experience on all sorts of wheels would overload his machine.  And i find it hard to picture his backpack weighing over 150 pounds.

If the prescribed weight limits are incorrect, they should be prescribed as something else. Otherwise, purchasers and dealers are being misled. I really don't think it's appropriate to cut the manufacturer any slack for early failure when a machine is used within the limits of how the machine is supposed to be used.

I've seen Ian take numerous rides through parks and on surface streets.  As far as I know, Ian is sticking to streets for his marathon and won't be riding nature trails.  I've seen him do very small jumps, but he himself says he is no trickster and has no interest in that.   I've seen most of his EUC videos, but you may have seen something I didn't.  At any rate, I don't think the Monster is one that would tempt him into trying more jumping.

Easy miles or not, 600 miles is a very low number for a machine that costs around $2500 USD.  I don't believe most people would buy a machine that costs about $4/mile to operate, not counting fuel.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

If he was over the prescribed weight limit, I couldn't fault the machine.  i could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that not just a rider as experienced as Ian but a dealer with lots of experience on all sorts of wheels would overload his machine.  And i find it hard to picture his backpack weighing over 150 pounds.

If the prescribed weight limits are incorrect, they should be prescribed as something else. Otherwise, purchasers and dealers are being misled. I really don't think it's appropriate to cut the manufacturer any slack for early failure when a machine is used within the limits of how the machine is supposed to be used.

I've seen Ian take numerous rides through parks and on surface streets.  As far as I know, Ian is sticking to streets for his marathon and won't be riding nature trails.  I've seen him do very small jumps, but he himself says he is no trickster and has no interest in that.   I've seen most of his EUC videos, but you may have seen something I didn't.  At any rate, I don't think the Monster is one that would tempt him into trying more jumping.

Easy miles or not, 600 miles is a very low number for a machine that costs around $2500 USD.  I don't believe most people would buy a machine that costs about $4/mile to operate, not counting fuel.

I actually don't think it was his weight, but probably all of hard knocks that the wheel has been through. He's ridden it 600> miles on this trip and countless hundreds prior.

To bring this thread back to videos, are these examples of Ian "doing very small bumps" :D

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, dpong said:

Young man rides NB1 E+ in a foot of snow.   Enthusiast? (But fun!)

Watch while he takes a shot of Whiskey and just keeps on a-riding!

Usually those kind of videos gest "Meanwhile in Russia..." comments :D

5 hours ago, dpong said:

Watch while he takes a shot of Whiskey and just keeps on a-riding!

Gets some bourbon from... a pimp (?)