THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 5/2/2017 at 0:19 AM, Marty Backe said:

This is great. There probably aren't that many EUC riders in the whole United States

I think the reasons for the vibrant EUC community in France vs. the very slow adoption in the USA would be a very interesting research topic.

1 hour ago, Ombre said:

Here's a quick sample from our ride in Phoenix today. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera out during the really good parts like the farmer's market, the central part of downtown, the museums, etc.  But it was a great day with not-too-hot weather and good company.

This was Emma's first day riding her Inmotion V5F+ (graduated from Airwheel) but you wouldn't know it.  B) [proud dad]

At 1:10 Emma had to do a run-off because her wheel got bogged down in loose gravel.  At 2:27 you can hear a parking lot security guard yelling that we needed to leave.  We rode up to the fifth floor and took the elevator down.

At the end we have @dbfrese's crash immortalized. He was trying to toss a Nerf football.  My alleged crash was not captured on video.

Final score: about 15 miles of exploring downtown Phoenix, taking a little over four hours including breaks.  It was a great day.

Great ride. And everyone enjoys seeing a good crash :popcorn: Reminder to self - don't throw a football while riding :)

• Upvote 2

Me and my wife were on the meeting in Paris on the 30th of april and it was really special . Since i saw the first video of the Paris euc comunity rides i wanted to participate one day not just for the amazing scenary but for the good spirits that i could feel on the videos . First of all I want to thank for all the e-rue staff and the Paris riders for the kind and friendly reception . I was delighted and impressed to see people of all ages , from 8 to 70 and diferent tipes of personal electric transportation devices and characters ( there was even a priest and a very skilled rider with a long kilt like skirt that seemed to be floating on air ) , sportive and leisure riders all riding together in a fun and friendly spirit . In a world of increasing discord and intolerance when we are in the brink of self destruction  the people of Paris shown me that there is still hope for the human race . They even were kind enough to talk to me in english as i dont speak french at all and made me feel very confortable among them . An amazing display of tolerance and sharing . No competition , Just lovely , beautiful people riding their eucs and havind fun together in peace and harmony . We desperately need more of this in the word at the moment. I believe Jhon Lenon would join us in this ride .

Congratulations for Paris riders  . Showing how to do it once again. Please keep riding and sharing your amazing videos with us .

Edited by Luiz
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hirsute said:

The video from my last freestyle session. A lot of fun

So nice to see you perform on our forum again! Strong stuff buddy!

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

This is just like what happened to my Msuper 3. I bumped to a curb on the side at low speed. The EUC turn to the side to face the curbe. Very light bump, and the balance was lost. When I turn it off and on. the EUC shaked just as in the video. After I open the case, I saw one leg of one MOSFET  and a piece of plastic near it was blown off. It is hard to imagine why such a small bump can do that much damage. Where this huge (demand of) current come from. The control board logic should be modified to prevent such large current at very slow speed. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, freetheoranges said:

Hello all. I know the speed of the TG-T3 isn't head turning or anything, but I'm having a blast riding!

Found a short path that connects two roads to get me home faster:

https://youtu.be/OYZuIuTv2Wo

That was my first wheel. I still wish I hadn't sold it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EUC Extreme said:

My Gotway MSuper fried the control board just that easy.  My Segway S1 has taken 10 times the Gotway and just laughs it off.  I really desire the speed and distance of the Gotway wheels, but I will most likely never own another. I am hoping for an InMotion upgrade to the V8!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

My Gotway MSuper fried the control board just that easy.  My Segway S1 has taken 10 times the Gotway and just laughs it off.  I really desire the speed and distance of the Gotway wheels, but I will most likely never own another. I am hoping for an InMotion upgrade to the V8!

Just as there are 'lemon' cars, the same can be said amount many products. The vast majority of all wheels have no problems, and I would venture that we hear more about some Gotway problems because of number being sold relative to other products. To use as an example, if Inmotion had the same level of excitement in the enthusiast camp as Gotway does we would probably read about more random failures with them too.

I would be seriously interested in an upgraded V8 too. I just don't think it'll ever happen. They've been producing wheels for a long time and certainly have the technical know-how. Clearly they have no interest in pursuing the enthusiast market. Same with Segway.

You're stuck with Gotway, KingSong, and maybe Rockwheel.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:efee78d764:  A tiny branch did that?  So a low speed, high current demand ended frying a MOSFET?  Or do you think the sideways fall might have shorted out the legs of a hall sensor wire?  :efef36327c:  What was the temperature of the board when it happened?

You do realize this happened almost 3 years ago? I suspect that there have been a few design improvements since then.

I wonder why he posted it just now?

• Upvote 1