THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

22 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I wonder what percentage of sales are in the US. I bet not a lot. 

You're probably right.

I assume that there's a vibrant online French community and I hope that they have the same Gotway complaints and concerns as we do. Maybe they will have more influence in getting better designs out of Gotway.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're probably right.

I assume that there's a vibrant online French community and I hope that they have the same Gotway complaints and concerns as we do. Maybe they will have more influence in getting better designs out of Gotway.

Yes, that's what I was alluding to. ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Ten Passes Piggy-in-the-Middle Penny Spin Boomerangs. This week's video is of some ten pass piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs. I added them to the edit at double speed as they can be a little boring to watch at normal speed! If I could work out how to cut out the precession then this would be an amazing trick. Part of the problem is that the car-park is not completely flat, and the wheel is not centrally balanced. I have also included some better footage of normal piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs from Crystal Palace Park.

Me, every time you post some physics defying clip to the forum:

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Ten Passes Piggy-in-the-Middle Penny Spin Boomerangs. This week's video is of some ten pass piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs. I added them to the edit at double speed as they can be a little boring to watch at normal speed! If I could work out how to cut out the precession then this would be an amazing trick. Part of the problem is that the car-park is not completely flat, and the wheel is not centrally balanced. I have also included some better footage of normal piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs from Crystal Palace Park.

Awesome video as always! Fun watching the kids applauding! BTW is there a dark side we should know about?:huh:

• Upvote 3

On 4/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, Planetpapi said:

22 mile round trip in Austin, TX. My InMotionV5F+ could have made it but I used another V5F+ while coming back. On the other hand Duane's KS 16 made it with plenty of charge left. This is a short version and I may post a longer one sometime later. 

Glad to see your tire is nicely inflated ;)

Which paved trail is this? Would like to check it out sometime.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome video as always! Fun watching the kids applauding! BTW is there a dark side we should know about?

Thanks @Rehab1 ! RE: A  dark side - That's meant to be a Jedi Robe, I have tried to do tricks in it a few times (hoping I might make a themed edit); unfortunately it just looks comical, although it's really useful for learning tricks as it restricts the vision, which forces you to really learn the moves.

BTW Does anyone has any ideas on how to minimise the precession - I'd really love to do this trick on a static spot without any drift/precession?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

BTW Does anyone has any ideas on how to minimise the precession - I'd really love to do this trick on a static spot without any drift/precession?

As you stated unlevel surfaces cause the most precession. To hold a tight radius as the wheel spins around your body you may have to create a parabolic surface with a gentle 1 degree inward slope. The wheel would slowly encroach on your position while circling but should maintain a symmetrical pattern. ( I know... sounds expensive!)

Experimenting with the placement of various weights on your NB might be an option but as you have stated in the past any slight change in the dynamics of your wheel causes a disruption in your proprioceptive awareness and timing. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, Hansolo said:

A new French meet up: Rando Nico's 2017 04 21

Another great ride as usual! I love the mix of different environments. You're on the streets, out in the grass, in the city, by the water, daytime, night. You have very good ride planners. Esprit Roue promotes a very active EUC community!

On 4/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, freetheoranges said:

TG-T3 Second Day - Loud audio warning

I've had two T3s, and I never heard that loud clicking noise!

You're riding very well for the second day! It took me about a month of practicing to ride that well!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pasi said:

This was today, 1st of May, we had parties at parks.

Pasi...awesome stuff! I wished we had bike lanes like that around here. Your lanes even have designated EUC markings!!:)

• Upvote 3

On 4/30/2017 at 4:57 PM, Hansolo said:

French meet up Eroue of the 30 april 2017, 124 participants. :D

This is great. There probably aren't that many EUC riders in the whole United States :crying:

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, Hansolo said:

meet up of this 28/04/2017 friday Rando Nicos 2017 04 28

Why was everyone having so much trouble on that hill at 2:30?

Edited by MaxLinux