dpong

THE VIDEO THREAD!

3,903 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I wonder what percentage of sales are in the US. I bet not a lot. 

You're probably right.

I assume that there's a vibrant online French community and I hope that they have the same Gotway complaints and concerns as we do. Maybe they will have more influence in getting better designs out of Gotway.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're probably right.

I assume that there's a vibrant online French community and I hope that they have the same Gotway complaints and concerns as we do. Maybe they will have more influence in getting better designs out of Gotway.

Yes, that's what I was alluding to. 😉

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Ten Passes Piggy-in-the-Middle Penny Spin Boomerangs. This week's video is of some ten pass piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs. I added them to the edit at double speed as they can be a little boring to watch at normal speed! If I could work out how to cut out the precession then this would be an amazing trick. Part of the problem is that the car-park is not completely flat, and the wheel is not centrally balanced. I have also included some better footage of normal piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs from Crystal Palace Park.

 

 

 

Me, every time you post some physics defying clip to the forum:

 


 

Edited by Paddylaz
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Ten Passes Piggy-in-the-Middle Penny Spin Boomerangs. This week's video is of some ten pass piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs. I added them to the edit at double speed as they can be a little boring to watch at normal speed! If I could work out how to cut out the precession then this would be an amazing trick. Part of the problem is that the car-park is not completely flat, and the wheel is not centrally balanced. I have also included some better footage of normal piggy-in-the-middle penny spin boomerangs from Crystal Palace Park.

Awesome video as always! Fun watching the kids applauding! BTW is there a dark side we should know about?:huh:

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, Planetpapi said:

22 mile round trip in Austin, TX. My InMotionV5F+ could have made it but I used another V5F+ while coming back. On the other hand Duane's KS 16 made it with plenty of charge left. This is a short version and I may post a longer one sometime later. 

 

Glad to see your tire is nicely inflated ;)

Which paved trail is this? Would like to check it out sometime.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome video as always! Fun watching the kids applauding! BTW is there a dark side we should know about?

Thanks @Rehab1 ! RE: A  dark side - That's meant to be a Jedi Robe, I have tried to do tricks in it a few times (hoping I might make a themed edit); unfortunately it just looks comical, although it's really useful for learning tricks as it restricts the vision, which forces you to really learn the moves.

BTW Does anyone has any ideas on how to minimise the precession - I'd really love to do this trick on a static spot without any drift/precession?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

Glad to see your tire is nicely inflated ;)

Which paved trail is this? Would like to check it out sometime.

Walnut creek trail. Starts from Govalle Park. 5200 Bolm Rd, Austin, TX 78721

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

BTW Does anyone has any ideas on how to minimise the precession - I'd really love to do this trick on a static spot without any drift/precession?

As you stated unlevel surfaces cause the most precession. To hold a tight radius as the wheel spins around your body you may have to create a parabolic surface with a gentle 1 degree inward slope. The wheel would slowly encroach on your position while circling but should maintain a symmetrical pattern. ( I know... sounds expensive!)

Experimenting with the placement of various weights on your NB might be an option but as you have stated in the past any slight change in the dynamics of your wheel causes a disruption in your proprioceptive awareness and timing. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, Hansolo said:

A new French meet up: Rando Nico's 2017 04 21

Another great ride as usual! I love the mix of different environments. You're on the streets, out in the grass, in the city, by the water, daytime, night. You have very good ride planners. Esprit Roue promotes a very active EUC community!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 1:01 PM, freetheoranges said:

TG-T3 Second Day - Loud audio warning

I've had two T3s, and I never heard that loud clicking noise!

You're riding very well for the second day! It took me about a month of practicing to ride that well!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be totally wrong, but I think that FTO may have modded his ride to add in that sound?  He was mentioning trying to add some audio effects in the Disco RiDers chat room like when you were a kid and clipped a baseball card to the spokes of your bike...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sound was from the tire tube needle. It's pretty much resolved. 

 

Still experimenting with the baseball card spoke sound.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police stands on the bike lane, but he is happy when he see me😂😂

This was today, 1st of May, we had parties at parks.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pasi said:

This was today, 1st of May, we had parties at parks.

Pasi...awesome stuff! I wished we had bike lanes like that around here. Your lanes even have designated EUC markings!!:)

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2017 at 4:57 PM, Hansolo said:

French meet up Eroue of the 30 april 2017, 124 participants. :D

 

 

This is great. There probably aren't that many EUC riders in the whole United States :crying:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, Hansolo said:

meet up of this 28/04/2017 friday Rando Nicos 2017 04 28

Why was everyone having so much trouble on that hill at 2:30?

Edited by MaxLinux
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, Hansolo said:

French meet up Eroue of the 30 april 2017, 124 participants.

Awesome! France is the EUC capital of the world!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now