dpong

THE VIDEO THREAD!

3,872 posts in this topic

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

@Pingouin Yea I just mentioned Paris as it's the obvious target for a France ride holiday.

@Hansolo That is so cool! How do you keep your wheels charged enough so that you get more than 50km per day? Monster chargers? It's still a few hours to charge a big battery fully with fat charger.

We do most of our trips in Strasbourg, near the German border, so if you want to come you are welcomed :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch out @Hansolo and @Pingouin! If you keep advertising these meet-ups, you'll find yourself babysitting a bunch of language-crippled "Krauts" in not time :w00t2:. Just like @meepmeepmayer I'm seriously tempted ...

@Pingouin: your gathering looks very inclusive. Apparently, even a brave "Hoverboard" rider managed to keep up. How can I tell those family oriented events from the more ambitious sporty ones? Asking, 'cause my girlfriend can't be persuaded to hop on a unicycle, but she loves her airwheel S3 (a sorry excuse for a Segway, starting the protest beeping at 13km/h and topping out at 16km/h). That would be a great opportunity for me to take her along.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tilmann said:

@Pingouin: your gathering looks very inclusive. Apparently, even a brave "Hoverboard" rider managed to keep up. How can I tell those family oriented events from the more ambitious sporty ones? Asking, 'cause my girlfriend can't be persuaded to hop on a unicycle, but she loves her airwheel S3 (a sorry excuse for a Segway, starting the protest beeping at 13km/h and topping out at 16km/h). That would be a great opportunity for me to take her along.

Hi,

What we do is a choice, some of the Paris trips are not as inclusive, but we choose to divide our trip so everyone can come, or goal is to promote electric rides in a positive manner, showing that even with a small budget, there is a place for those who want to take a step in our universe. For this particular trip, we had the trip divided in 3 parts, with a recharge in a restaurant. We still had some folks who forgot to recharge, and some unfortunate events with some wheels (burned PCB, in the water..) but in general everything goes fine.

We always have a second tour for those who want "more" and have enough speed & battery for it, but the group generally ends up with 20 riders then, but it is only when the initial tour is completed and that we've said goodby to those who can't come.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

What we do is a choice, some of the Paris trips are not as inclusive, but we choose to divide our trip so everyone can come, or goal is to promote electric rides in a positive manner, showing that even with a small budget, there is a place for those who want to take a step in our universe. For this particular trip, we had the trip divided in 3 parts, with a recharge in a restaurant. We still had some folks who forgot to recharge, and some unfortunate events with some wheels (burned PCB, in the water..) but in general everything goes fine.

We always have a second tour for those who want "more" and have enough speed & battery for it, but the group generally ends up with 20 riders then, but it is only when the initial tour is completed and that we've said goodby to those who can't come.

Admirable concept! Love to join in one day. I'll bring it up to the government...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

 

 That is so cool! How do you keep your wheels charged enough so that you get more than 50km per day? Monster chargers? It's still a few hours to charge a big battery fully with fat charger.

3 ACM 1600 and 1 MS3+ 1600 with chargers 4 to 7 A. The goal is 100 km per day

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tilmann said:

Admirable concept! Love to join in one day. I'll bring it up to the government...

Like I said to meepmayer, you are very welcome to join us, I can give you the dates for the futur tours when they are planned if you want, we also organise some longer trips on the sundays when the weather is good, with fewer people (5-10).

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

3 ACM 1600 and 1 MS3+ 1600 with chargers 4 to 7 A. The goal is 100 km per day

Afaik 7A might be dangerous for the usual GW charge ports without modification... just so you know. Maybe you already tested and everything works, but people here say 5A is fine, and between 5 and 6, charge port robustness starts being something you have to consider.

1 hour ago, Tilmann said:

Watch out @Hansolo and @Pingouin! If you keep advertising these meet-ups, you'll find yourself babysitting a bunch of language-crippled "Krauts" in not time :w00t2:. Just like @meepmeepmayer I'm seriously tempted ...

Maybe we should some time gather a few German riders and do a concerted France invasion visit.

--

@Pingouin, @Hansolo Thanks for the info and offers! Very impressed with the amount of organization going on there, by the dealers and everyone else.

I'm not going to make any specific plans though until I got a working wheel again (in a few weeks).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe we should some time gather a few German riders and do a concerted France invasion visit.

--

@Pingouin, @Hansolo Thanks for the info and offers! Very impressed with the amount of organization going on there, by the dealers and everyone else.

I'm not going to make any specific plans though until I got a working wheel again (in a few weeks).

Hey @meepmeepmayer, promise to behave peacefully and I can help out with a GW mcm4 or inmotion V8 :innocent1:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

 

Maybe we should some time gather a few German riders and do a concerted France invasion visit.

--

@Pingouin, @Hansolo Thanks for the info and offers! Very impressed with the amount of organization going on there, by the dealers and everyone else.

I'm not going to make any specific plans though until I got a working wheel again (in a few weeks).

Yes you should :D

There are no dealers involved in our trips but they are welcomed :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eroue.fr is a dealer right? Maybe the combination of available dense infrastructure, good dealer involvement, and French mentality is the secret. Did Solowheel maybe start with France (for some reason) for Europe sales, and that's how the difference to other countries is so notable?

@KingSong69 You're staff now? 100% deserved! Congratulations (on the extra work).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

eroue.fr is a dealer right? Maybe the combination of available dense infrastructure, good dealer involvement, and French mentality is the secret. Did Solowheel maybe start with France (for some reason) for Europe sales, and that's how the difference to other countries is so notable?

@KingSong69 You're staff now? 100% deserved! Congratulations (on the extra work).

Yes..i am, was asked last week! Accepted of course, felt very honored :-)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For rider meeting...there is one in the Netherlands on 23.4., also....see Dutch group, as i understood, all riders to join are welcome!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my videos... 2 more by @Will Prowse. Nice SF day tour, + some highlights in the 2nd video.

@Hansolo Thanks:) Wish I would speak French, that might make things easier;)

Cool  :cheers:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hansolo said:

In June, we go to Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Den haag, Rotterdam) for a weekend (15 wheelers at the moment)

Me and three other wheelers going on the wheel from Paris the week before (600 km) :D

When you leave paris could be nice to post parts of the ride.

When you arrive in amsterdam, it should be nice to meat up.

Probebly some more dutch riders will be interested for a meat up( i think/hope ).

We have a groups app, maybe by that time we/i can add you to it.

For me the only problem is communication, my french is as good as my japanese and swahili.:laughbounce2:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@gotmotion2016 as you can read my English is poor, my japanese is very poor (my wife is japanese :() but in the group, some wheelers can communicate in English without problem.

We will share our trip on Facebook with real-time location (live traker CAPTURS).

We will probably arrive from Paris on Friday 16 June, the departure to Den haag (With two steps to eat and recharge)  is scheduled on Saturday 17 June from the Amsterdam train station around 9H00 AM

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11-4-2017 at 7:51 AM, Hansolo said:

@gotmotion2016 as you can read my English is poor, my japanese is very poor (my wife is japanese :(

I hope you did understand that this was ment as a joke.

But good to read that communication will be possible by a meeting.

Me myself don't use facebook, but good that there will be a way to follow you guys (girls?).

Do i understand it right that you will be the16th in amsterdam?

And leave amsterdam around 9.00u the 17th to go to the hague?

Hope it will be possible to meet up the 16th in amsterdam, hope to meet the group then:)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yachting World (British yachting magazine) looked at some space saving transport options. Not much of a conclusion, but I think he liked riding the EUC (as opposed to the boring rest).

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

I hope you did understand that this was ment as a joke.

But good to read that communication will be possible by a meeting.

Me myself don't use facebook, but good that there will be a way to follow you guys (girls?).

Do i understand it right that you will be the16th in amsterdam?

And leave amsterdam around 9.00u the 17th to go to the hague?

Hope it will be possible to meet up the 16th in amsterdam, hope to meet the group then:)

 
Yes of course I took this as a joke and yes I will publish info in this forum.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@logos122 Nice video (also enjoying the music choices on your channel). Hoping some of you won't learn the "wish I would be more visible when going in the dark" lesson the hard way;)

Also, crazy huge camera setup with a fat gimbal (seen at the end). Wondering how much that cost. Don't crash when carrying that:P

edit: looks like this is @Tishawn Fahie? Looking foward to the footage!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meepmeepmayer Yeah, I need brighter lighter. I was riding the inmotion but even that being the brightest EUC, is not optimal. Yeah Tishawn's setup is legit! I believe he uses a Sony A6300 on a zhiyun crane. Def can't wait for his footage to come out!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now