THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a wrap. After 17 days total I'm pretty confident with my backward riding skills. Reversals are mostly successful and in general everything is much smoother. Here's a demonstration of my current skill level along with some parting words.

Sweet backwards takeoff from a standstill at the end!

• Upvote 2

Very good progress with backwords riding.:cheers:

And even stand up from still to riding backwords.

It's rewarding and amazing the body and mind can teach this.

Even if you see Abram, and look old(er), you can learn this.

But eh, man will be kids in some ways?!:confused1:

Edited by gotmotion2016
  • Upvote 3

On 3/31/2017 at 6:30 PM, captainwells said:

The video has been picked up by a bunch of news agencies.  This story mentions that I was riding an electric unicycle:

https://apnews.com/b8ac0899d0b74a758f69b66e52401cf0/Fire-official:-4-lucky-to-be-alive-after-boat-capsized

Really relieved that everyone made it to shore.  There were a few minor injuries (dislocated shoulder, cuts, scrapes), but it could have been so much worse if one of the people had been crushed between the boat and a piling.

Your video got some good traction - I just saw it on CNN's front page :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Ombre said:

Here's a video from last weekend's group ride through Mesa and Tempe, Arizona.  @dbfrese @Clovis @Playarider and @Ombre participated (along with my daughter for the first section).

It's a long-ish video but I think you'll like it.  We had a lot of laughs, fantastic weather, and beautiful scenery.  A couple parts of the video show us riding the Valley Metro Light Rail to hop from downtown to downtown, and you can see how much sense EUCs make in that kind of situation. 

Hopefully Emma upgrades to a better wheel soon. I never really see myself going out on rides like this with my Airwheel X8.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Hopefully Emma upgrades to a better wheel soon. I never really see myself going out on rides like this with my Airwheel X8.

Had to stop at 14:04.  Damn good video, camera work super excellent. location, performers, directing, weather location. WOW!  will watch the rest of it later, a ltittle longer than i can take,  ( i have Aspergers syndrome)  (self diagnosed)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ombre said:

Here's a video from last weekend's group ride through Mesa and Tempe, Arizona.  @dbfrese @Clovis @Playarider and @Ombre participated (along with my daughter for the first section).

It's a long-ish video but I think you'll like it.  We had a lot of laughs, fantastic weather, and beautiful scenery.  A couple parts of the video show us riding the Valley Metro Light Rail to hop from downtown to downtown, and you can see how much sense EUCs make in that kind of situation. 

@Ombre awesome video editing.  Can't wait to show this to my wife, since she was the one who was calling/texting me and asking me "Are you done playing?", throughout our ride.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ombre said:

Enjoyable ride - hey, did I hear someone mention my name :D   As summer approaches for the Phoenix area I bet you need to plan these rides for early morning or late afternoon.  How much charging can you really get done during a 'recharge break'? My wheels take from 8 to 20 hours to recharge so I figure it wouldn't be worthwhile to carry a charger around with me. On the other hand it's nice that there are outlets that you can freely plug into.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Enjoyable ride - hey, did I hear someone mention my name :D   As summer approaches for the Phoenix area I bet you need to plan these rides for early morning or late afternoon.  How much charging can you really get done during a 'recharge break'? My wheels take from 8 to 20 hours to recharge so I figure it wouldn't be worthwhile to carry a charger around with me. On the other hand it's nice that there are outlets that you can freely plug into.

@Marty Backe Yes you're a legend.  I believe that was us talking about your backward riding progress (or maybe your CA trail riding).  We all informally agreed to be riding backwards at our next meet.  I don't know how successful I'll be, but I think @Playarider can currently ride a few feet backwards.  We'll see...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Clovis said:

@Marty Backe Yes you're a legend.  I believe that was us talking about your backward riding progress (or maybe your CA trail riding).  We all informally agreed to be riding backwards at our next meet.  I don't know how successful I'll be, but I think @Playarider can currently ride a few feet backwards.  We'll see...

:D  Very cool. Good luck, and I think it's great to have a local group for motivation and encouragement. We'll want to see some kind of video of course :popcorn:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

It's great that charging mid-ride is so effective. Unfortunately most of my long distance rides are away from civilization so that's not an option for me.

Yeah, that's a challenge. Maybe put a solar array on your helmet. Should only take a year of sunshiny days to charge. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Yeah, that's a challenge. Maybe put a solar array on your helmet. Should only take a year of sunshiny days to charge. 

I do live in Southern California where it never rains B)

• Upvote 2