dpong

THE VIDEO THREAD!

3,853 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

That's impressive!  I think my MSuper might make it too, but you have to lean so far forward you feel like you are falling off the pedals.  Especially when you only weigh 150 lbs like I do. :o

The only wheel I have that would have made it through is @Marty Backe's former ACM which is now the world famous ACM2040 :clap3:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SuperSport said:

TRANSLATION:  Super Cute! :dribble:

:clap3::cheers::clap3:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Last weekend I rode between 50-60 miles in 32F -57F degree weather.  The cold shortens the battery life greatly, so I had to charge half way through.  The weekend before, we rode 76.4 miles.  Personally, I'd love to have a 2400Wh battery if I could still lift the wheel.  I don't lift it often if I can help it as I bought it to carry me and not the other way around... ;)   Having the larger battery would allow me to leave the charger at home and not carry that extra weight on my back.

TRANSLATION:  Super Cute! :dribble:

I understand about carrying an EUC.  I have to carry my KS18 up and down steps to get to my apartment.  50lbs isn't too bad, but a Monster at about 70lbs might kill me or cause me to slip accidently after a long ride.

Yea, Tina is cute.  The videos that I've seen with her in them, see seems like a super sweet girl as well.

 

 

Allen

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

I understand about carrying an EUC.  I have to carry my KS18 up and down steps to get to my apartment.  50lbs isn't too bad, but a Monster at about 70lbs might kill me or cause me to slip accidently after a long ride.

<snip>

It's actually very comfortable to walk the Monster up stairs. The tire is big enough and grabby so it'll just climb the stairs with you. The MSuper or KS18, not so much.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's actually very comfortable to walk the Monster up stairs. The tire is big enough and grabby so it'll just climb the stairs with you. The MSuper or KS18, not so much.

Wow.  I never would of thought of having the Monster climb the stairs along side of me.

I definitely wouldn't try to have the KS18 climb the stairs along side of me.

(Now if I can just get a ramp to get a Monster in the back seat of my car.)

 

Allen

Edited by abinder3
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey, I'm trying to make an excuse why I can't get a Monster along with my KS18.
(I need to stop buying wheels ! )

But then again, I am thinking of selling my V8 since I don't seem to use it anymore.

Allen

Edited by abinder3
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Hey, I'm trying to make an excuse why I can't get a Monster along with my KS18.
(I need to stop buying wheels ! )

But then again, I am thinking of selling my V8 since I don't seem to use it anymore.

Allen

Don't get it monsters are scary and mean!

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jrkline said:

Here is another video I found from my Oct'16 trip to Shenzhen.I'm "rolling the dog" around Bao'an stadium and gymnasium.:P                                                                                                                                

 

Cool !!!!
I bet the little dog loved has the wind in it's face without having to stick it's head out of the window of a moving car.

That area looks like a really nice place to ride and 'chill'.

 

 

Allen

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Hey, I'm trying to make an excuse why I can't get a Monster along with my KS18.
(I need to stop buying wheels ! )

But then again, I am thinking of selling my V8 since I don't seem to use it anymore.

Allen

Buy it, they're awesome!

(you were looking for encouragement to buy more wheels, right? :D)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jrkline said:

Yes,without a doubt.Here is another video that better illustrates the 18B's hill climbing ability.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

 

Wow !

That is without a doubt some rather crazy terrrain.  Looks like with a combination of the steep hill and the bad road conditions, it was a difficult ride.

 

Allen

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

 

The less than ideal solution was to provide two covers slots in boxes: a perforated one with the fan & a solid one for inclement weather. My concern with the original design is that although they a mesh which is supposed to keep the water out, the fan is sucking air directly down on the board, seems inevitable that if a puddle develops a top the cover, it will be sucked down onto the board. 

Also, Tina left KS a couple weeks ago. :(

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Buy it, they're awesome!

(you were looking for encouragement to buy more wheels, right? :D)

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:D)
(actually, I might be more apt to get a KS16s with the larger battery since it would probably be better at hill climbing.)

 

Allen

Edited by abinder3
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrkline said:

Yes.At the point where I stopped,the wheel simply didn't have the any more power.The only way I could redo it and make it past that point would be to have more speed getting to that point.If the ground wasn't so muddy,I would've made it without a doubt.

Yea, when we were riding at Griffith Park and we went up to the water tower, I made sure that I had decent speed before actually hitting the steepest part there.  That seems to be the key to riding larger wheels on steep terrain since they don't accelerate as fast as 14" and 16" wheels do.

I'm thinking that If I had been able to get more speed going up that first offroad hill at Griffith Park, i would of been able to get up it without much less problems than I was having.
(and the fear of hitting all of the people that were walking up the hill at the same time.)

 

Allen

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Why would you be afraid to hit people? Especially going uphill, when doing nothing slows you down automatically. Were you worried about stopping and not being to ride on due to the incline?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Don't get it monsters are scary and mean!

 

 

:roflmao:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why would you be afraid to hit people? Especially going uphill, when doing nothing slows you down automatically. Were you worried about stopping and not being to ride on due to the incline?

Yup.  It was very steep, dirt, almost a sheer drop-off on one side, large ruts in the dirt from the rains, and many people.  The KS18 doesn't accelerate as fast as a 14" or 16" wheel does.

(Plus that was the first time that I'd ever ridden offroad and have only been riding for about 3 months.)

Allen

Edited by abinder3
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

and the fear of hitting all of the people that were walking up the hill at the same time.)

The key is to be able to hit the right ones.If you hit a "snowflake",then it is O.K. Cali has way too many of those!:D:D:D I'm kidding of course.You never want to have to send anyone to their "safe-space".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrkline said:

The key is to be able to hit the right ones.If you hit a "snowflake",then it is O.K. Cali has way too many of those!:D:D:D I'm kidding of course.You never want to have to send anyone to their "safe-space".

I agree; 'snowflakes' are expendable.

:D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

agree; 'snowflakes' are expendable.

With the exception of course of @Marty Backe! He is a a"special kind of snowflake".:roflmao:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Yup.  It was very steep, dirt, almost a sheer drop-off on one side, large ruts in the dirt from the rains, and many people.  The KS18 doesn't accelerate as fast as a 14" or 16" wheel does.

(Plus that was the first time that I'd ever ridden offroad and have only been riding for about 3 months.)

Allen

You did great for your first off-road ride - it only gets better :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You did great for your first off-road ride - it only gets better :)

Thanks !!!

i felt a lot more confident after being 'thrown in the deep end'. :D

It definitely helped knowing Jeff was there to help me if I got into trouble. 

 

Allen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You did great for your first off-road ride - it only gets better :)

I agree.  After only 3 months riding!!??!!??  He did indeed do great!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dpong said:

I agree.  After only 3 months riding!!??!!??  He did indeed do great!

Thanks !!!

 

Allen

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Thanks !!!

 

Allen

My "off roads" are on grass, typically.  So, respects!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now