THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I picked up on @Radislav's starting in reverse and it's been really helping me. My Day 9 video (posting later today) will show me using this new technique which is surprisingly helping me do my reversals.  @Radislav has been very helpful :cheers:

Just watched the video where you started on the ACM and then worked with the MSuper.  Great progress!  Thanks for the video, it's motivating me to learn new skills.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, dpong said:

@Marty Backe I knew you had perseverance, but I had never seen this video before, which proves you have 'intestinal fortitude' or ... what's that Spanish word that means BALLS?

Off-roading on a 14 inch wheel?  I have to give you credit, although you are likely nuts.  (Hey, that's another word for balls, but not Spanish!)

My favorite parts are, of course, the dramatic unintentional dismount, followed closely by the section where one can hear serious gun-fire in the background. 

My hat is off to you, sir!

Just watched this trailer, I had seen the one @martybacke posted, the Kingsong has the same motor sound as the Gotway.  The KS14 looks like a smaller MSuper.  It seems like a very good wheel.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

On Day 8 I'm having some success with forward and backward reversals.

Great job!

Myself I would shoot the noisy, squawking birds in the background. ;) Ah.....silence! Now you will be performing @Hirsute stunts on day 12 :thumbup:

Only kidding bird lovers! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I picked up on @Radislav's starting in reverse and it's been really helping me. My Day 9 video (posting later today) will show me using this new technique which is surprisingly helping me do my reversals.  @Radislav has been very helpful :cheers:

I am just testing some of my findings on you, Marty :)

Reverse start saved me a few times when I needed to back off quickly. Good luck with your Day 9 training :)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

My thoughts also.  Love birds, hate the noise.

25 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great job!

Myself I would shoot the noisy, squawking birds in the background. ;) Ah.....silence! Now you will be performing @Hirsute stunts on day 12 :thumbup:

Only kidding bird lovers! 

Wow, such animosity against birds;)  And here I thought it made for such a nice backdrop.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Radislav said:

I am just testing some of my findings on you, Marty :)

Reverse start saved me a few times when I needed to back off quickly. Good luck with your Day 9 training :)

love the reverse starts. It's actually not too difficult (and I can do either foot) and it's making it easier for me to get used to driving in reverse from a very slow speed. It was an unanticipated tip from your video :cheers:

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Just watched this trailer, I had seen the one @martybacke posted, the Kingsong has the same motor sound as the Gotway.  The KS14 looks like a smaller MSuper.  It seems like a very good wheel.  

The KS14C (not all the 14's have the 800w motor) is great wheel that can really climb hills. The only big negative is that it overheats easily.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

love the reverse starts. It's actually not too difficult (and I can do either foot) and it's making it easier for me to get used to driving in reverse from a very slow speed. It was an unanticipated tip from your video :cheers:

A few days ago I suggested you to start backwards right away without pushing off your car. But it was too early that time. Now it is just on time ;)

Edited by Radislav
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Radislav said:

A few of days ago I suggested you to start backwards right away without pushing off your car. But it was too early that time. Now it is just on time ;)

Agreed - I wasn't ready. I still think pushing off from a car/wall is useful at the very beginning, but not anymore for me :D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

On Day 9 I discovered how to do reverse mounts with either foot

Every day it's going better and better! I suspect your Days 10-12 will be fully dedicated to practice - perfecting and polishing up the new techniques :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's unbelievable what you mastered in this 9 days...Congrats!

i am on day 4 and still dont get over 25feet :-(

And even this 25 are with luck and hand/arm winking like crazy....perhaps backward isn't for everyone?

Sometimes there are small moments, when i think" there you have it"....shortly before dismounting again :-)

But i will not give up...

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

That's unbelievable what you mastered in this 9 days...Congrats!

i am on day 4 and still dont get over 25feet :-(

And even this 25 are with luck and hand/arm winking like crazy....perhaps backward isn't for everyone?

Sometimes there are small moments, when i think" there you have it"....shortly before dismounting again :-)

But i will not give up...

Thank you!

Yes, please don't give up. If you really want to give up, wait until day 15, then maybe you can say it's not for everyone. But I doubt it.

I still have a long way to go, and my consistency is all over the place, but I do think I've got the basics down :)

7 hours ago, Radislav said:

Every day it's going better and better! I suspect your Days 10-12 will be fully dedicated to practice - perfecting and polishing up the new techniques :)

Yes, thanks again :D Hopefully my consistency will be better by the end of this weekend and I can start working on turns.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Said..and done...it is for everyone! :-)

Major Improvement on day 5 for me. .

Now 90% getting to 25-30 feet...and just couldn't do more because of location! No more Arm weaving...very good feeling...seams it started to click! Even done some "idling" from backward to forward and otherwise 

as the location is not mmore as 30feet!( i don't have such a big driveway as Marty and Duff :-) )...i have to search for a good new place...as i still need the start from a "pushaway"

when its getting better at all, i will also try to do a video!

Although you had doubts I had faith in you :)  Way to go and I know the sense of accomplishment that you are feeling. Can't wait to see a video, although I think it's very unfair to only post a video were you look smooth and suave cruising down the road backwards :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Although you had doubts I had faith in you :)  Way to go and I know the sense of accomplishment that you are feeling. Can't wait to see a video, although I think it's very unfair to only post a video were you look smooth and suave cruising down the road backwards :laughbounce2:

i just ordered a Go pro Clone....as soon as its here some video's will pop up!

i am just not such much in camera/video/editing like you or Duf! Perhaps that changed when this Action Camera arrives....

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I noticed the backwards from a dead stop too in @Radislav's video, tried it a few times today, along with pushing off from a tree. I agree the feeling is different.  You have backward riding down pretty good, even did a few nice pendulums.  It looks like a lot of fun but I have a long way to go to get there, the longest transition backwards was about 5 feet, and that was a fluke:lol:  It looks like you can ride as far as you want backwards now.:thumbup:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

I noticed the backwards from a dead stop too in @Radislav's video, tried it a few times today, along with pushing off from a tree. I agree the feeling is different.  You have backward riding down pretty good, even did a few nice pendulums.  It looks like a lot of fun but I have a long way to go to get there, the longest transition backwards was about 5 feet, and that was a fluke:lol:  It looks like you can ride as far as you want backwards now.:thumbup:

Thanks. Better every day, but I'm still wobbly going backwards. I just have to put in the miles now to get that smoothed out.

• Upvote 2