THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe When I first started watching your videos, I thought you had some kind of hill-retaining wall next to your driveway (I like the space it forms there). But it's just a huuuuge McMansion (or just a mansion?). With a camera filming pretty much only your driveway 24/7! Are these trees on your side of the fence spite trees? Is there an interesting story going on there?;)

Sorry if I'm being invasive/creepy, it's just some things I can't help but notice, I like architecture stuff. You house is also pretty nice with the Japanese-like style.

@Duf Hard to watch knowing there'll be a crash... but interesting.

Our neighborhood has been inflicted with the McMasion disease for years now. I guess it's a good thing for property values but I don't like the styling. All of those Italian Cypress trees were planted by us when the neighbors house was torn down and that 10,000 sqft  house was built in it's place, The trees provide some privacy and look a lot nicer that a huge house wall.

Good eyes that you have - our house is a craftsman ranch with Japanese touches. Built in the 50's.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not my video, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of this little dog.  @swvision, is this your video?

That little dog has a big heart.  People make fun of small dogs, but the thing I like most about dogs is that they want to protect their owner and their territory.  Plus it is a good looking dog.  I hope the woman praised it and made it feel good that even though it couldn't run as fast as the wheel, that it tried valiantly.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Radislav said:

link it all into a "long pendulum" - one of my favourite exercises

If that is what it sounds like, it would be fantastic to see a video.  Just thinking about what that might mean makes me want to learn backward riding more and more.  I've seen people go from forward to backward in videos, but only short distances.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

If that is what it sounds like, it would be fantastic to see a video.  Just thinking about what that might mean makes me want to learn backward riding more and more.  I've seen people go from forward to backward in videos, but only short distances.

I will take it on video tomorrow morning on my way to work and share it here.

• Upvote 1

For those who want to learn riding backwords a helpfull video from speedy feet himself.

Sorry Marty and  Dufisthenics but in my opinion this is the proper way to LEARN to ride backwords, and to ride backwords.:huh:

I agree with you that constancy is the main thing to learn riding backwords ( or something else on the wheel ).

The way speedy feet explains how to learn is also usefull and practical.:thumbup:

I praticed this for 2 weeks every day about 15 till 30 minutes.

And it was for me very rewording to feel the " click " and ride backword for quit a few meters.

But good progress anyway, but without holding to something not usefull.:(

Edited by gotmotion2016
  • Upvote 1

This is what constancy  teach me, you try and try, and don't give up.:cry2:

Even if you fall of the wheel, the wheel falls a lot, keep on trying.

There will be a moment the click is there, even when it is frustrating after the 10th day.:wacko:

But once you can and feel how it works, it's like speedy feet said: you can go on and on.

• Upvote 1

@Marty Backe I knew you had perseverance, but I had never seen this video before, which proves you have 'intestinal fortitude' or ... what's that Spanish word that means BALLS?

Off-roading on a 14 inch wheel?  I have to give you credit, although you are likely nuts.  (Hey, that's another word for balls, but not Spanish!)

My favorite parts are, of course, the dramatic unintentional dismount, followed closely by the section where one can hear serious gun-fire in the background. 

My hat is off to you, sir!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dpong said:

@Marty Backe I knew you had perseverance, but I had never seen this video before, which proves you have 'intestinal fortitude' or ... what's that Spanish word that means BALLS?

Off-roading on a 14 inch wheel?  I have to give you credit, although you are likely nuts.  (Hey, that's another word for balls, but not Spanish!)

My favorite parts are, of course, the dramatic unintentional dismount, followed closely by the section where one can hear serious gun-fire in the background. 

My hat is off to you, sir!

:D

• Upvote 1

A video inspired by @Duf.  I always thought the Donut/coffee rides looked like fun.  As I arrived early this morning for a course I was taking I decided to give it a try.  Not the most exciting to watch but it was a pleasant way to while away a half hour (video is edited not to worry:-).  This is around Canada Place and up to Stanley Park in Vancouver drizzle.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Part of my commute this week took me through the Gastown area of Vancouver.  As this was my last day in town I though I would try and capture my return ride on video

Nice obstacle course practice :) Very pleasant streets to ride. 

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

On Day 8 I'm having some success with forward and backward reversals.

Nice work.  Looks like I am going to have to give this a try. I don't want to be the only one that can't go in reverse.  I am already pre-blaming you for the bruising that I will endure:-)

BTW, My wife is in your neck of the woods right now and hiked some of the trails you featured in your vids.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Nice work.  Looks like I am going to have to give this a try. I don't want to be the only one that can't go in reverse.  I am already pre-blaming you for the bruising that I will endure:-)

BTW, My wife is in your neck of the woods right now and hiked some of the trails you featured in your vids.

Really? I'm curious which trails? Of course it took her a lot looooooooooooonger :P

• Upvote 1

On 23.03.2017 at 2:54 AM, steve454 said:

Pendulums are simple

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

On Day 8 I'm having some success with forward and backward reversals.

Great progress, you've even done full long pendulum a few times!

Notes:

1. When riding backwards, adjusting by twisting the low body works better than by leaning the wheel sideways.

2. Elbow protection and a small backpack makes me less nervous when switching directions :)

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's what i imagined it to be, that looks like fun.  And you even started in reverse, great skill!

I picked up on @Radislav's starting in reverse and it's been really helping me. My Day 9 video (posting later today) will show me using this new technique which is surprisingly helping me do my reversals.  @Radislav has been very helpful :cheers:

• Upvote 2