THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

This should point to where I started. 

33° 36' 33" N  117° 41' 30" W

Allen

Thanks!  Hmmm, I was hoping I could punch your coordinates into Google Maps and it would take me there, but no :(

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Ever so small improvement for day 3 of my riding backwards training.

I was learning to ride backwards on my Ninebot One which weighs less than 15 kg. I think the big over 20 kg MSuper doesn't let you do those constant low body twisting movements that a backwards riding needs as easy as a lighter wheel. Maybe you'll give your KS 14" a try to be on the side of agility instead of stability here?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Radislav said:

I was learning to ride backwards on my Ninebot One which weighs less than 15 kg. I think the big over 20 kg MSuper doesn't let you do those constant low body twisting movements that a backwards riding needs as easy as a lighter wheel. Maybe you'll give your KS 14" a try to be on the side of agility instead of stability here?

I'm not hopeful, but I'll give the 14C a try today for kicks.

Here's a quick video from my ride today in Tucson.  Trying to pay attention to the selfie stick caused me to crash while cruising on a dirt trail.  The crash is about 2.4 minutes into the video.

Good thing I had my normal protection on.  The pics show the damage taken by the elbow, wrist, and knee guards.  My only real injury was a few cactus spines.

IMG_7146.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

Edited by Ombre
fixed video link
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Ombre said:

Here's a quick video from my ride today in Tucson.  Trying to pay attention to the selfie stick caused me to crash while cruising on a dirt trail.  The crash is about 2.4 minutes into the video.

Good thing I had my normal protection on.  The pics show the damage taken by the elbow, wrist, and knee guards.  My only real injury was a few cactus spines.

I crashed on some cactus once. No fun picking spines out of your skin. I probably wouldn't ride one of my wheels very fast on that trail :huh:

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ombre said:

My only real injury was a few cactus spines.

Ouch. That's bad enough! Looks like a nice trail -- and no one else on it, which is kind of of surprising. We Arizonans need to get it together and organize a ride somewhere, especially before it gets too hot out. Maybe we can talk off-line and get something together soon.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, LuckySXM said:

A little one hour ride yesterday to get a ice cream on the other side of my island. I was running low on battery with my GoPro so I didn't shoot the ice cream ?

Island riding must be nice!   Not much traffic, all that sun, interesting places to explore. Maaaaybe you could go visit Orient Beach and shoot a ride video there for us. :whistling:

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks!  Hmmm, I was hoping I could punch your coordinates into Google Maps and it would take me there, but no :(

Hmmmmm.  

I did a copy paste from the post and Google maps on my iPhone found it okay. 

Strange. 

Here's screen capture of Google maps on my iPhone where the location is. 

Allen

IMG_3176.PNG

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I made a point of practicing mounting with either foot,

That made me try it today, and i was able to do it about 1/3 of the time.  It's kind of fun, even though right now it feels very unnatural.  Thanks, I am going to keep practicing that.  I tried it a couple times before but it was so uncomfortable that I gave up.  But you made it look easy so I tried it again.

Edited by steve454

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Thank god you only have been riding on a airwheel, so it wasn't faster as 5 mph  :roflmao:

No kidding!  That's about the only advantage of an Airwheel.  Even joggers can pass me.  If a dog ever comes after me I'll probably just stop and give him the wheel as a chew toy.

2 hours ago, dbfrese said:

Ouch. That's bad enough! Looks like a nice trail -- and no one else on it, which is kind of of surprising. We Arizonans need to get it together and organize a ride somewhere, especially before it gets too hot out. Maybe we can talk off-line and get something together soon.

I'll be all over that idea the minute I get a REAL wheel that can keep up with the gang.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ombre said:

No kidding!  That's about the only advantage of an Airwheel.  Even joggers can pass me.  If a dog ever comes after me I'll probably just stop and give him the wheel as a chew toy

Ha Ha, I saw that rabbit leave you in the dust.:P  Great camera you have, very clear and sharp video.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think that I've found the most beautiful Southern California riding location yet

That's one of those places we'll need to ride if we ever get down that way.  Nice trail with no cars. ;)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've found that JB weld epoxy works pretty good for general repairs.  If you don't want it to be too visible you could take things apart and apply it to the undersurface and a little bit in the crack so it doesn't show too much.

That is an excellent epoxy! 

• Upvote 1

@Ombre Was that bird a real roadrunner? Never seen one before, I thought they were much bigger. Very cute and aptly named. Are these common or rare?

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think that I've found the most beautiful Southern California riding location yet

So nice! Exploring unknown paths with no second thoughts about battery capacity (2400WhB)) or anything else, just going where you want to. Barely any people. And (apparently) still more unknown roads to check out. This will probably the spot for a lot of future group rides, won't it?

Can you link the location on a map, or would you rather find people find that dam themselves?

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Ombre Was that bird a real roadrunner? Never seen one before, I thought they were much bigger. Very cute and aptly named. Are these common or rare?

So nice! Exploring unknown paths with no second thoughts about battery capacity (2400WhB)) or anything else, just going where you want to. Barely any people. And (apparently) still more unknown roads to check out. This will probably the spot for a lot of future group rides, won't it?

Can you link the location on a map, or would you rather find people find that dam themselves?

I'm returning in a couple of weeks, and hopefully a few others will join me.

Here's the starting location: https://goo.gl/maps/qqm6j4Fv6KQ2  and here's the dam: https://goo.gl/maps/ajEVn1yX1mz

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Island riding must be nice!   Not much traffic, all that sun, interesting places to explore. Maaaaybe you could go visit Orient Beach and shoot a ride video there for us. :whistling:

This is my go-to ride when I don't have much time, but I never filmed it... so one more thing on my to do list ;)

19 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@LuckySXM Be the first to drive a EUC into a jet exhaust! You know what I'm talking about;)

Should be fun, will do !

• Upvote 1