THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

37 minutes ago, Sven said:

Chino Hills State Park Adventure with @Marty Backe on 7/16 

Overall, fun ride with a little taste of cogswell dam lol ;)

For those of you watching this from your couch, easy chair, toilet seat, I can tell you from experience that some of those hills were very steep. Video never shows how steep a hill really is, and some of those looked steep even on the video. 

Nice ride guys. Glad you both survived!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sven said:

Thanks for the video Andy! Love reliving the rides, and this ride was another one for the books ;) I think there's more Chino Hills riding in our future :D

:cheers:

• Upvote 2

Nice ride Marty . I can tell this was not an easy one. Lots of skill going up and down those dificult hills . I would defnetly desmount on those.

I do like to film my rides to relive later aswell.

By the way , i bought a kingsong 14d and i have 90 kg . What speed  do you believe would be safe for me Marty?

I set the alarm for 25 km/h seem to be working fine so far.

Edited by Luiz

4 hours ago, Sven said:

Nice video and editing!That park looks dry.

Didn't realize the tire sizes make such a big difference on the bumpy trails, or was it the camera gimbal that made your ride seem much more stable than Marty?

And you're really quite good at seated riding! But your knees are basically 40cm from doom in any crash, I'd wear knee pads for this.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Luiz said:

Nice ride Marty . I can tell this was not an easy one. Lots of skill going up and down those dificult hills . I would defnetly desmount on those.

I do like to film my rides to relive later aswell.

By the way , i bought a kingsong 14d and i have 90 kg . What speed  do you believe would be safe for me Marty?

I set the alarm for 25 km/h seem to be working fine so far.

The 14d looks like a nice wheel. Max speed is such a personal thing. For me, 24 to 29 km/h is a sweet spot for a 14" wheel and is usually where I'm riding my 14C.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Didn't realize the tire sizes make such a big difference on the bumpy trails, or was it the camera gimbal that made your ride seem much more stable than Marty?

And you're really quite good at seated riding! But your knees are basically 40cm from doom in any crash, I'd wear knee pads for this.

There's a pretty big difference in ride quality between a 16" and 22" wheel. I was getting kicked all over the place whereas Andy had a much smoother ride.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1) both @Marty Backe and I were shooting with gimbal so it's because either a) my weight+ monster's 70lbs makes enough force to compact and level the ground LOL or b) By seating, your ankle and knees are absorbing the shock evenly like 2-axle gimbal. 

2) yeah, i really need to prepare for a devastating accident. Those skateboard pads are not comfortable when squatting up and down. I'm thinking about getting this kind, but shorter version if there's any
https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Breathable-Crashproof-Basketball-Protective/dp/B00SMG84K2/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1500401589&sr=1-5&keywords=elastic+knee+protector

2 minutes ago, Sven said:

2) yeah, i really need to prepare for a devastating accident. Those skateboard pads are not comfortable when squatting up and down. I'm thinking about getting this kind, but shorter version if there's any
https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Breathable-Crashproof-Basketball-Protective/dp/B00SMG84K2/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1500401589&sr=1-5&keywords=elastic+knee+protector

This week I hope to post some impressions of the G-Form range of protective gear including knee protectors. A lot more expensive than the option you linked to bit I think comfort and protection might be awesome. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luiz said:

Hi Marty . Actualy the kingsong i got is the 14 c 840  just like yours . Sorry my mistake.

I am thinking of geting the rockwheel 16 . Is it reliable?

I don't think we have enough user reports to say how reliable Rockwheel is. There are some indications that it's worse than Gotway.

Have you seen this active thread? Read the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

Awesome video Hansolo ! Thanks for sharing . Really inspiring . Love the good spirits that transpire from your videos . They are a lesson about how fun this hobbie can be when we can share it with friends . Congratulations for all in your group :thumbup::clap3:

Edited by Luiz

Very cool videos . Congratulations for the french people . Giving an example of forward thinking and open mind . Showing how to do it once again , leading the world in the eco mobility revolution .:thumbup:

Edited by Luiz
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Luiz said:

Very cool videos . Congratulations for the french people . Giving an example of forward thinking and open mind . Showing how to do it once again.:thumbup:

Thank you. In our region in France, we are one of the most active regions of France, we gather all kinds of electric gear, passionate and many professional. Everyone is invited, we have regularly from Luxembourgish, German and Swiss. For more videos subscribe ;)

9 hours ago, Sven said:

Note to self:  :blink:  Ride with Andy, but don't let him plan the trip route.  Fantastic scenery though - wow very nice place to roll around!  Thanks for sharing that ride video.  Did you find out what went wrong with your Monster?

@Marty Backe - are you going to open your ACM up to see how your wire routing mod survived?   Some of those hills looked pretty steep, but I guess they weren't as long as the other hill that burned things out?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Note to self:  :blink:  Ride with Andy, but don't let him plan the trip route.  Fantastic scenery though - wow very nice place to roll around!  Thanks for sharing that ride video.  Did you find out what went wrong with your Monster?

@Marty Backe - are you going to open your ACM up to see how your wire routing mod survived?   Some of those hills looked pretty steep, but I guess they weren't as long as the other hill that burned things out?

I know it's hard for you to keep track of the 1000 threads that you follow :facepalm:, but here is where I discuss the state of my wiring after this ride (it took a few days for Andy to post this video, so the timeline sequence is not linear).

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Sven said:

At a little after the eight minute mark, the very steep downhill.  Then, the trail got narrower and fainter, until you guys were carrying the wheels.  You'd think by now you guys would know when to turn back.:roflmao:  Great video, you guys have so many good places to ride!

• Upvote 3