All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So the movement that it is doing is basically when i try leaning forward the wheel does not balance for about 10 degree angle and then suddenly goes back to blancing furiously and i haven't tried riding it because i don't want to cause any damage to it , the tire doesn't seem to have any resistance while spinning when it is off. Does the silicone need to be a specific sort or just a regular one might just do the trick?
  3. My bad, I should have written possible loosening of motherboard screws. I meant that they were possibly loosening over time. So try tightening them if they have All the repairs, mods and waterproofing you've done to yours, you're an expert already Good point about the shell cracking. I didn't think of that. All I could think of was loose motherboard affecting the gyro. You will after watching this. Now you'll never need to say that again...
  4. Probably not. If you do decide to silicone the boards you don't need to take the top one off to do it. You can just get the power board out of the way and squirt it in the gap that reveals. I didn't enjoy that 'heath-robinson' approach, but was following advice from a wheel tech, and it did indeed fix my problem. Though we should note that it sounds like my issue wasn't anywhere near as severe as yours though - I had sporadic vibration but it was at least ridable. The more severe the shakes are usually the more something is moving around. If it's not in your mainboard compartment I am not sure what else to suggest...
  5. Does the wheel still balance? Is the tire rotating freely/normally when the wheel is off, or does it seem "locked"?
  6. 这个减震器需要一个支架来连接减震器和电机,而两个电机支架似乎增加了电机的宽度不少,这样的宽度会影响乘坐吗? Mod edit: Google Translate
  7. I have checked the 4 screws of the board and they are very tight as for the top board there is no gel pad in between but there is silicone on the pins that are connecting it to the board underneath and it looks pretty sturdy, i can try and remove the top part of the board and try to apply more silicone but if it gets in the pins i am afraid it will cause even more trouble. Do you think maybe it could be a software issue of some sort?
  8. Shuddered. As in violently starting to shake? Or what? Going off like a drill/jackhammer? Mine did that once in 3 years.. I stepped of the wheel at sharp angle, idk what happened.. Haven't had it happen ever again since. I think @Voyager mean "tighten" motherboard screws.. Not loosen them. By loosening them, it will let motherboard move around and effect the "gyro".. That also can explain the shaking. In most cases the shaking is because of broken inner shell. (Check around pedal "L" brackets - where you screw shell to pedals with those 6 bolts. Also check the "box" of the plastic that go around pedals for cracks..) If there are cracks in plastic around the Pedals "L" brakes - it will shake like crazy. Because whole EUC shell/body now is moving around.. Those screws are only thing that hold all EUC shell/body onto pedals/motor. Can't explain the 1/4 error code doh.. I didn't know we can get those. Also @Voyager i only have owned 18xl for 3 years.. Doesn't mean i know jack shit. I only go of by logic. And what i have heard. Like wheel starting to shake - often is because of broken shell.. Naturally it will start to shake, if you think about it - nothing is holding the EUC body unto pedals, or only one side is somewhat holding unto pedals = shaking. Same for loose motherboard - it moves - effect gyro = shaky, shaky.
  9. It's not medical advice; it's nutrition. There are numerous MDs and other medically-trained sources on YT and in print who concur.
  10. Ian had helped me to get Z10, so seeing Monster on his website made me write an email. Probably I wouldn't wrote it, but I saw Klarna finances as an alternative option. So if Klarna accept me to finalise purchase, I'll be more than happy to get one of these WAAAAY SOONER than I ever thought! Let see how it goes my friend 😉👍...
  11. Today
  12. His videos are low-hanging fruit but generally credible and interesting. they are packaged in a shorter format than some of the long-winded interviews that dominate this space. He's a great source, in my opinion, to find starting points for further research. I think what some people who consider themselves educated and well-informed are turnedd off by is his intentional appeal to less-informed types. However, just because information is well-packaged and presented for easier understanding doesn't make it suspect. As for Scientology, whether true or not, who cares? Scientology does not = bad, any more than Islam = bad, though a large number of people embrace the hate. As for moral character, that's a slippery slope and not a a reason to reject anyone's work. Nor is one video by an estranged family member a reason to assault a person publicly. I wonder what Junior's incentives were? Revenge? Financial? Who knows, and who cares.
  13. I'm just replying here to bump your question up again. The other 18XL thread next to this got a lot of love but not yours.. Maybe @Funky might have a suggestion. He's got a lot of experience with the 18XL Connected to the shuddering, all I can suggest is possible loosening motherboard screws, because you say it's corrected itself previously. That doesn't explain the error code though. Hopefully someone comes along.
  14. Funky

THE VIDEO THREAD!

Doh the guy may look like Karen/Clown - he isn't wrong.. All the points he mentions are right! Wheels should have strong axle.. Be waterproof.. And have real smart BMS. I personally also don't want to buy any of the "old" wheels, simply because of those 3 points. (4th point would be the weight of a wheel in my case.)
  15. Wow, this is pretty wild! I cant wait to see how that suspension works on video.
  16. Isn't that just a PWM alarm like most wheels have now? Not sure I ever heard it on my own Z but then I never pushed it very hard. I did get the top speed warnings a few times though, and they were also voltage based which was great back then given few few wheels had it. Oooh thats a big wheel! Now you mention it, Ian released a video recently where he had 3 wheels which were on special offer, can't remember what they were, could have been Extreme Bull Commanders (prior to the Pro version). But they were super cheap for what were brand new wheels. He was selling them privately ie via himself rather than Speedyfeet which is why I assume they could be so cheap. Maybe worth having a word with him, they may have all gone now.
  17. Ha. I tried last night, just briefly and almost fell off. Wasn’t ready for that tilt and hesitation, but that might just be what I need? Any time I hit a soft spot the Lynx rockets out and usually hurts me somehow. Maybe a little softness won’t make it try to break my legs so quickly. Last week I learned a new trick called the scorpion. I’m 50 And thought I might die, lol I was gonna sell it, but euc is all I think about. I’ve broken way too many bones to quit now!
  18. Shaking wheels usually means motherboard / IMU is not being held perfectly still /fixed in its box. Does your mainboard seem firmly affixed, and are all the bolts holding it down nice and tight ? There should also be a gel pad between first and second board layers to help ensure that vibrations don't make it up to that top board either. Earlier versions of the Master (including mine) didn't have that, so when it happened to me after a service disassembly I had to pump a load of silicone between boards 1 and 2 to fix it.
  19. This can be a sign of a loose control board.
  20. Agree completely. I was going to comment a couple of weeks ago. I did not at the time, because I was disgusted at the myopic and frankly dictatorial response. Aluminium, Magnesium, Chinesium. The term came about as a geographical and phonetic reference to the named alloys. Substandard metals, either by 'doctoring' the alloy percentages for profit reasons, or by poor casting methods etc. were coming out of China many years ago. I had direct work experience with the phenomenon. Sometimes VERY expensive items were not acceptable from QA perspective. Due simply to China being the country of origin, 'Chinesium' became the term used to describe the substandard metals and alloys. Origin, construction, and simple phonetics - like the old Cockney rhyming slang. It was nothing more sinister than that. Companies and workers at the time I refer to, were rightly frustrated, as projects were sometimes put on hold, at great expense, whilst replacement materials were sourced. Fast forward to the 2020's and everything must surely have a dark connotation. Well, in that brief history example of 'the word that shall not be uttered', it does not. It made no derogatory reference to people. As stated above, it referenced substandard product and country of origin. In the interests of impartiality, should the word 'Americana' be prohibited also...? Food for thought.
  21. The woke mind virus infects everything it touches, including this forum.
  22. Kudos to Kingsong for digging deep to bring about an innovative suspension design, and the willingness to take the risk to bring it to market. Kingsong has the best stock linkage design. And yet, they are willing to abandon it for the F22. Gutsy move. Having said that, perhaps Kingsong has come to realize that coming up with a cost effective, but functional slider system is not readily attainable at the moment.
  23. Is there a competition to make the ugliest EUC possible?
  1. Load more activity